10,000 posts

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

10,000 posts

#1 Post by John »

When Jeff of Manchester offered his kudos to his latest trade partner (Matt of New Jersey), he became the owner of the official post #10,000 on the PEBA forums. These forums opened up October 25, 2007, so we've hit 10k posts in less than a year.

That's absolutely stunning given a.) most online leagues don't last through a single season (let alone a single year), and b.) the circumstances surrounding PEBA's rocky birth. For those of you late to the game who may not know, PEBA's original commissioner disappeared shortly after pitching the idea and signing a number of us up. The idea was too good to die, though, and now you've all come together to make this a thriving league.

I know the PEBA forums are the first place I go and last place I go each day, and I'm checking in as much as I can throughout the day as well. The reason goes beyond baseball. I sincerely enjoy spending time with this group, reading what you all have to say. The circumstances around our formation may have been rocky, but the end result has been anything but. I wouldn't trade this group for anything or anybody.

So here's looking forward to our next 10,000 posts! And since the waiver claim forums are going bye-bye shortly, we'll just have to pick up the slack in the off-topic forums, now won't we? :D
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#2 Post by Tyler »

Says the man with 32% of the posts. 8)

I love y'all, guys. Keep up the great work.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Maulers »

I'm a piece of authentic PEBA history!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

Maulers wrote:I'm a piece of authentic PEBA history!
I've already got replica Jeff Dudas jerseys and bronzed plaques with the text of your post #10,000 ordered up. ;)
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#5 Post by Maulers »

Be sure to make it an attractive font - no Times New Roman!

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”