Toyama Re-Tools Minor Leagues

roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#1 Post by roncollins »

Adds focus on community outreach

January 1, 2024 – A season after the Toyama Wind Dancers did a full-up alteration to their ball club’s brand, they’ve followed through by reviewing the entire minor league system. “We wanted to go away from the corporate gaming background that had sustained the club for so many year’s and turn toward out local communities,” said GM Ron Collins.

As such, each of the club’s minor league teams will take on the names of their cities.

The Yamauchi Plumbers will henceforth be known as the Yokahama Plumbers, the Ranma Pandas will be the Beppu City Pandas, and the Cagliostro Thieves will get a total update, moving to Takoka and taking on the name the Shiko. The team’s SSA team will remain in Osakasayama, and will retain the Swamp Dragons moniker.

“We’re very excited to announce these changes,” Collins said. “They weren’t done without great soul searching and conversation. We appreciate the sweat and energy that our organization sponsors have put into our club throughout its history, and we know they will continue to play major roles in partnership with our teams as we move forward. All of these sponsors share a great respect for helping people, and I think you can expect to see several special joint promotions coming from our partnerships with each of them soon. But in the meantime, we’re asking the local leadership of each of our teams to begin a community outreach program that will help out players do great work in each location. It’s very important to us as an organization that our presence helps make a difference.”
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions
Hall of Famer

Re: Toyama Re-Tools Minor Leagues

#2 Post by Borealis »

Lots of changes going on around the PEBA minors!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#3 Post by Sandgnats »

Nice Move!
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#4 Post by Morris Ragland »

Some good ideas there. With the stadium project now behind me, I think I'll finally do something about my single-A club next offseason.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner

Return to “Toyama Wind Dancers”