Return of the King

NeilT
Single-A
Single-A

Return of the King

#1 Post by NeilT »

GM's of the PEBA, I doubt if there's many or any who remember The Karaoke King. I remember him but couldn't remember the names within the story, it's not just one of the characters I've loved to write about its THE one I've loved to write about.

In the time since he left the PEBA I've tried to write about him in leagues, I didn't bother as he didn't fit. I did start once in a league writing about him, it didn't feel right so I stopped.

No The Karaoke King's home is the PEBA, it always as been so here's his story be it past, present and future. So I present to you The Return of the King

So we turned right then went forty seconds down the road turned left and a quick right, that means we're at oh I had no idea. How did that Robert Downey Jr make it look so easy in that Sherlock film, oh wait it was a film.

A few minutes earlier a van stopped, the driver started asking me for directions. Next thing I know I'm wearing a bag over my head and being bundled into the back of the van.

(Minutes later the van pulls up)

They took the bag of my head, my eyes adjusted to the light. I was in trouble, you always know your in trouble after being kidnapped. You see if your not in trouble your kidnapper's keep their faces covered, if you haven't seen their faces they get the ransom, they let you go. Job done.

If however they don't cover their faces, they aren't scared of you seeing them. So you're in trouble, they don't intend on letting you go. Guess what they didn't have masks on, I was in trouble.

I'm sure I recognized the woman sat in the chair but couldn't place her face, I did however recognise the gentlemen on either side of her, it was henchman 1 & 2. You could always tell an henchman, black suit ✓ steroid induced muscles ✓ and a gun ✓ yup henchmen 1 & 2. Oh and a henchman never smiled, no smile ✓
henchmen_character_design_by_lexie_holliday_d552ph9-fullview.jpg
The woman started to talk.

"Mr Thomas my name is......".

Before she said her name a lightbulb was switched on in my head, lightbulb moment they call it Luca Corretti it was his daughter.

"Sofia Corretti".
woman_of_mafia_by_lola_shego_d6jdlo5-fullview.jpg
Luca Corretti was head of the Corretti crime family, one of the last big crime families in America. He'd been sent to the big house for life, most people thought his daughter taking over the family business would weaken the Corretti's business but by all accounts Sofia had bigger stones than her father.

"Mr Thomas we have a proposal for you, join us as Bakersfield GM. You'll be well paid and you'll not get shot and dumped out at sea, well not yet".

(It turned out that the Corretti family were using the Bakersfield Bears ball club of the PEBA to launder their dirty money)

"Before you decide I'd like you to meet an old friend of yours."

To her left a man came out of the shadows, it was Yoichi Sakamoto. He was head of the Sakamoto Yakuza, it brought memories flooding back, Yakuza shoot out, the death of Sakamoto's son and being put into witness protection.

"I take it from your face that you recognise Mr Sakamoto."

"Oh me and Mr Jenkins, or should I say Mr Thomas are old friends. He helped in the death of my son." Sakamoto said.

What happened next was surreal, henchman number 2 who was behind Mr Sakamoto pointed a gun at the Yakuzas head and well pulled the trigger and put a bullet in Sakamoto's head.

The noise of the shot was still ringing in the air.

"You see Mr Thomas we could be so good for each other, I do something for you, you do something for me."

What happened to the old GM?

"He wouldn't play ball".

You killed him?

"No of course not, he's gone to Japan, Niihama to be exact. We kind of persuaded Mr Veil that the weather would be good for his health."

He had health issues?

"Not as I know of but less bullets flying around in Niihama than in Bakersfield."

Her eyes glanced towards Mr Sakamoto, I got her meaning.

So how bad could working for the mafia be, let's be honest I had two choices. Work for the mafia or end up like Mr Sakamoto. Looking at Mr Sakamoto's head with a big hole in it I'm betting he'd rather be a GM than on the floor with a big hole in it. Ok I'll work for you, not like I have a choice is it?

"We all have choices Mr Thomas, it's just the results of those choices we have to worry about, don't you think."

I think she was trying to tell me that if I'd chosen door number 2, I'd probably be swimming with the fishes along with Mr Sakamoto later on.

"Mr Thomas, Mr Thomas."

I looked over at where the voice was coming from.

"Best not to look at Mr Sakamoto's head, you may well pass out. Besides I have another surprise for you."

She looked over to henchman number 2 like henchman number 1 he looked over at the shadows but on the opposite side of were Mr Sakamoto had come from, a figure slowly appeared. Surely they weren't going to put a bullet in someone else's head, surely not.

It was a woman, I didn't recognise her, her head was pointing down. Her hair covered her face.

Sofia spoke to the woman.

"Miss Kurosawa would you look up please."

The woman looked up her hair fell away from her face, it was Akari!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neil Thomas
GM San Juan Coqui
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Return of the King

#2 Post by Borealis »

YIKES!!! Does David Novak know about the Corretti's?? Sounds like he's in trouble, too...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#3 Post by Sandgnats »

:clap:
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Arroyos »

Welcome back, King!
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
NeilT
Single-A
Single-A

#5 Post by NeilT »

Bulldozers wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:20 pm Welcome back, King!
The Karaoke King is home it felt right, writing about him.
Neil Thomas
GM San Juan Coqui

Return to “Bakersfield Bears”