News and Notes for Fargo

Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

News and Notes for Fargo

#1 Post by Dinosaurs »

The Fargo Dinosaurs signed relief pitcher Tatsukichi Matsumoto for two seasons guaranteed at $5 million each with a third year team option at $6 million and a $1.5 million buy-out. Matsumoto has been an above average relief pitcher for the Dayton Flyers each of the past three seasons. It is unknown weather Matsumoto will compete for a set-up role or middle relief, but it certainly helps the team solidify a major weakness from last year's squad.

Another recent signing was that of relief pitcher Jonathan Castor, who had pitched well for Palm Springs last season and Crystal Lake the year before that. The right-hander will make $1.4 million on a single year deal for the Dinosaurs. Similarly to Matsumoto, it is unknown where he'll end up slotting in the bullpen.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

Re: News and Notes for Fargo

#2 Post by Nigel »

Nice one Cristian ;-D
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#3 Post by Sandgnats »

Good signings
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#4 Post by Dinosaurs »

Sandgnats wrote:Good signings
Thanks, yeah after missing out on a couple of the big name closers I decided to put more effort into a few middle relief types that can help bolster the weak spot for my team. Relievers are inherently volatile, so we'll see how it turns out, but I do feel more confident on paper at least.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Denny »

Dinosaurs wrote:Another recent signing was that of relief pitcher Jonathan Castor, who had pitched well for Palm Springs last season and Crystal Lake the year before that. The right-hander will make $1.4 million on a single year deal for the Dinosaurs. Similarly to Matsumoto, it is unknown where he'll end up slotting in the bullpen.
Castor did decently enough for us, but I felt he kind of underperformed relative to his ratings. Still, for only $1.4M he is a worthwhile risk to take.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)

Return to “Fargo Dinosaurs”