kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

Aurora Fades in 6

#1 Post by kiersteadmo »

Aurora.JPEG
Tricia Takanawa

October 31st, 2026

The Aurora Borealis/Duluth Warriors series drew a total of 356,194 fans over the 6 game series. The fans saw an amazing no-hitter from Edgardo Diaz in game 3 and a very close series overall. Aurora was not shy when they wished Evas would have won out over Duluth during the Divisional series, as the Warriors handled Aurora pretty well during the season.  Our line up faired very well posting 17 HRs, 60 RBIs, .296 during the 2026 season. Our pitching posted a mind-boggling 4.58 ERA mainly due to the poor bullpen after the starters played well.  However, in the League Championship, things played out much differently. A .191 batting average as a whole was underwhelming. 6 starters posted under .200 batting in the series,  Barry Wallace struggled mightily going 3 for 20, Roberto Cisneros was 1-12, Ieyoshi Ishikawa was 1-18... We could have ended the series sooner if those players played much better. Hopefully, they pack a better punch for the PEBA Championship. The series was lead by heavy hitters Cole Middleton who took advantage of the 8 at bats he had, Harley Schneider .333, 1 HR, 1RBI, Guillermo Justavo  .308, 2HR, 5RBIs. Guillermo Justavo was again named MVP of the series. He has shown that he is ready to play at a high level.

Duluth pitching must play well as Julian Thomas and Ruben Hernandez can't carry the team all by themselves.  They both posted an ERA of 1.29 against Aurora and hopefully they bring the heat for the next series. Overall no matter what happens no one would have bet that GM Mark Kierstead who tore a playoff team apart upon arrival and put in his own pieces would be playing for it all. This has been a long road ahead as Duluth has never won it in the 19 years the league has been around. Can Kierstead pull it off? We will see...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark Kierstead II
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Aurora Fades in 6

#2 Post by Borealis »

Crazy Series!!

Who would have thought John Gray would single-handedly took Aurora down, as a blown save in Game 1 and Game 6: 1.2 IP, 8 R, 2 HR, 5 BB. Ron Latour and 'Doberman' did their part in game 4... We watched as the 'pen slowly but surely pitched worse as the season waned, and going into the post-season, they were our number one concern - and rightly so, apparently...

Duluth's pitching did an excellent job shutting down Aurora's bats - Ferringo (.217), Carlisle (.190), and Britt (.174) are the glaring examples of futility...

It's too bad 'Tugboat' got pulled from Game 6 - I was so looking forward, win or lose, to seeing what 'Terror' Diaz was going to do in Game 7...

Job well done, Mark. Duluth has been so close over the last few seasons, under a multitude of leaders, but you put it all together!! Good Luck in the PEC v. the T-breds!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

Re: Aurora Fades in 6

#3 Post by kiersteadmo »

Yeah, I just watched the games and they were very good games. I had hoped I would not see Diaz again as half my lineup could not hit the broad side of a barn. Literally, 4 guys won the series behind great pitching from both sides.
Mark Kierstead II

Return to “Duluth Warriors”