All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

Steve Hott dating Rugby Star Robin Raines

#1 Post by Sandgnats »

CRYSTAL LAKE HERALD

SPORTS – GNATS NOW
Steve Hott dating Rugby Star Robin Raines
Updated: December 18th, 2033 – 1:25 AM

By Howard Heskin, Gnats Beat Writer and ESPN PEBA Correspondent – Twitter @HowardHeskin1

Steve Hott was seen walking out from vegan restaurant Spoon and Stable in Minneapolis with Rugby Star Robin Raines sister of the ledged Rob Raines

Steve remembers their relationship started with texting.

"We initially met at a baseball game at Stanford to see my cousin play. We had mutual friends my sister Steph and buddy Neil Maes are friends with her. After she won the Women's Gold Metal in 2030, I sent a congrats text on her win," he told me in July 2030. "Then she watched a baseball game that I was in during my time in Bakersfield,." She texted me, 'Congratulations, so cool to see you doing well.' I guess a little bit of my fire power succeeding kindled our relationship!"

When we met at the baseball game I just offered her some sunflower seeds; she did most of the talking.

"We've kept in touch all these years and I'm just glad we are able to see each other more now. I told her that after my hiking trip, I'd be heading out to her training camp for which happened to coincide with the Vegan Cheese convention this year in Minneapolis. We are both Vegan to I thought she might be interested."

To say Robin Raines is a natural when it comes to playing rugby is no exaggeration.  The 29-year-old Poinciana, Florida native didn't even pick up the game until age 18, yet she is one of the most accomplished elite rugby players. She was well known for holding all of the Florida high school softball records in both batting and pitching in each category. 

A former three-sport, star athlete at Poinciana High School, the Stanford College graduate is one of the 12 starters selected the last 5 years in a row for Team USA’s Women’s Rugby 7’s squad. For Robin, it is the stuff that athletic dreams are made of. For Steve perhaps a match made in on the field. 

"Our relationship is tough, there's no other way to put it,"  Robin said, "We do a ton of long-distance and Steve has been a bit out there lately. And so the only way we're able to do what we do is because of the love we share for each other and the power of our faith. I trust him and he trusts me - otherwise I don't think we'd be able to be successful. We've kept this under wraps for a while, but with Steve retired now it was about time we let our relationship be known publicly"

"Steve is thinking of doing some service work in Somalia while I'm at the Olympics this year. Something having to do with water filtration and baseball. I'm sure not matter what we will find a way to work it out. That's what jets and texts are for right?" 

When asked what's next Steve said, "Wherever my heart directs my soul" 
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “Crystal Lake Sandgnats”