All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

Pepe Espinosa Joins Sandgnats Short A Mauna Loa Vulcans

#1 Post by Sandgnats »

CRYSTAL LAKE HERALD

SPORTS – GNATS NOW
Pepe Espinosa Joins Sandgnats Short A Mauna Loa Vulcans
Updated: March 12th, 2029 – 6:05 PM

By Howard Heskin, Gnats Beat Writer and ESPN PEBA Correspondent – Twitter @HowardHeskin1

The Gnats officially announced today that former PEBA catcher Pepe Espinosa would be joining the organization as Manager of the Short A Mauna Loa Vulcans this season. The former catcher was a second round pick by Yuma in the 2010 draft and promptly traded to the Gnats in 2011 where he would come up in the organization's farm system until his PEBA debut in 2014. Pepe remained with the Gnats through the 2017 season until he was traded the Manchester Maulers. Pepe is a 3 time All-Star and one time All-Leather and Platinum Stick winner. Upon his retirement in 2027 Pepe batted a career .253 batting average, .311 on base percentage and 305 career home runs. His lifetime ZR at catcher is 22.6 with a 29.5 caught stealing percentage.

Most importantly Pepe was known for being a team leader which is what attracted the Gnats to bring him into the fold to work with player development. The Gnats announced that his first year salary will be $60,000.00. "You know I really don't need the money," stated Pepe at his introductory press conference. "Over my career, I made $133 million. I'm really just doing this for the love of the game. The Gnats organization helped me develop into the player I was meant to be and now it's my time to give back to the next generation." Early indications are that Pepe's influence is good for development as well as a good relationship with the players presently in Short A.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

Re: Pepe Espinosa Joins Sandgnats Short A Mauna Loa Vulcans

#2 Post by KenH »

Sandgnats wrote:"You know I really don't need the money," stated Pepe at his introductory press conference. "Over my career, I made $133 million. I'm really just doing this for the love of the game.
Pepe "Humblebrag" Espinoza :lol:
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Pepe Espinosa Joins Sandgnats Short A Mauna Loa Vulcans

#3 Post by Leones »

Always love a good recycled player story. ;-D
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Return to “Crystal Lake Sandgnats”