All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

On the Road with LeBlanc

#1 Post by Sandgnats »

CRYSTAL LAKE HERALD

SPORTS – GNATS NOW
On the Road with LeBlanc
Updated: October 31, 2028 – 10:05PM CDT

By Howard Heskin, Gnats Beat Writer and ESPN PEBA Correspondent – Twitter @HowardHeskin1

It was an enjoyable ride with Reg LeBlanc out to Charleston for a quick pit stop on our way down to Hilton Head for the Drew Streets PEBA Championship party. After stopping to check out a random plot of vacant land for which LeBlanc just said 'looks good guy", our next stop was for dinner at Halls Chophouse with a special guest WIL Statesmen owner Charles Pinckney. The elder statesman (no pun intended) shared stories of the good ol'days of how he was able to buy into baseball team ownership low when the MLB collapsed. He also shared a few more off the record conversations after Leblanc ordered a bottle of Quinta de Loureiro and expressed his regret that Charleston was not in PEBA. "I miss those days coming to have dinner with you and (Jack) Cobb at Commander's Palace!" he exclaimed. After a night at the Dewberry, Leblac and I headed out to Hilton Head to Street's Golden Links in the early morning.

We rolled into Streets' Golden Links at 8am, pulled into the driveway and were met by Streets and Ken Hannahas double fisting a mimosa in one hand and a bottle of Armand de Brignac Ace of Spades Brut Gold in the other. "You ready for this boys!" exclaimed Streets. At that point, I decided to turn off my phone and end this blog. GO SL!

Follow me on twitter @HowardHeskin1
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: On the Road with LeBlanc

#2 Post by Borealis »

Hmmmmmm... I wonder if Howard intends to share more about that conversation with the 'elder Statesmen'? If I'm not mistaken, he was spotted at a bar in Asheville...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

Re: On the Road with LeBlanc

#3 Post by Sandgnats »

He told me he doesn't want to blow his source. Off the record is off the record. But i heard after the Streets party he got a lead that is pulling him up to New England.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “Crystal Lake Sandgnats”