All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

Castle Takes the Stage Once More To Lead

#1 Post by Sandgnats »

CRYSTAL LAKE HERALD

SPORTS – GNATS NOW
Castle Takes the Stage Once More To Lead
Updated: October 30, 2028 – 11:05PM CDT

By Howard Heskin, Gnats Beat Writer and ESPN PEBA Correspondent – Twitter @HowardHeskin1

With Crystal Lake news settling down this post-season and Great Lake Divisions rival Fargo facing off against West Virginia this week, I found myself invited to PEBA commissioner Harry Castle’s press conference for what we could call a state of the league address, I found myself in the back of the room scouting out what I could make of my colleague’s reactions to his various announcements. The room’s mood was mixed on various issues from a new draft constitution, revenue sharing and market analysis research. I saw Ricky McCoy toss his binder down when Castle mentioned something about market size analysis. Not sure what to read into that reaction, but at the same time I noticed a more than excited Hamish Campbell raise a bottle of Blue Label into the air and yell ‘Slàinte” when fan loyalty analysis was discussed. One thing was clear, however, Castle's strong leadership has steered the ship in the right direction and he has the support of the current majority of owners moving forward into 2029.

I had the fortunate circumstance to stand next to New Orleans’ GM Reg LeBlanc who whispered in my ear in his perfect diction, announcer voice, “just wait till you hear this…” after he came down from introducing Castle to the stage. He then proceeded to ask me if I wanted to stop in Charleston on our way to the Drew Street’s Hilton Head Golden Links golf course and luxury estate for his PEBA championship party. I’m always down for a “River Dog” at my favorite dive bar and didn’t hesitate to join him and his driver in their Escalade ESV on the road trip out to Charleston. More on that trip on our way to Street’s party in my next blog post. Please remember to follow me on twitter @HowardHeskin1.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
DrewV
Triple-A
Triple-A

Re: Castle Takes the Stage Once More To Lead

#2 Post by DrewV »

:clap: Awesome!

If anyone has seen a green binder full of unpaid parking tickets please mail to Warrior Hall, Duluth MN.
Drew Visscher (GM Ricky McCoy) | Duluth Warriors

Return to “Crystal Lake Sandgnats”