Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

Sandgnats Purchased by Charles "Chuck" Dole IV

#1 Post by Sandgnats »

CRYSTAL LAKE HERALD

SPORTS – GNATS NOW
Sandgnats Purchased by Charles "Chuck" Dole IV
Updated: February 25, 2028 – 11:30PM CDT

By Howard Heskin, Staff Writer – Twitter @HowardHeskin1

As the slow thaw comes to northern Illinois, reborn is the Dole Family traditional ownership of the Crystal Lake Sandgnats with the recent purchase of the team by Charles "Chuck" Dole IV, nephew of former owner Sydney Dole. The untimely passing of former owner Sydney Dole late last year caused an uproar in the Crystal Lake community during the reading of his will, when he specifically excluded all of his children from inheriting any of the Dole fortune placing ownership of the Sandgnats up for an estate sale. "He that shall not be named" purchased the Gnats at auction for an undisclosed sum.

Chuck Dole great-great-grandson of the legendary Charles Dole (an early member of the Chicago Board of Trade, a grain merchant and founder of Crystal Lake, IL), decided to move back to Crystal Lake from Las Vegas where he has been running a Whiskey business derived from Mid-West grains and distilled in Tennessee. "I'm good friends with Florida owner Drew Streets from Vegas, he convinced me of a great business opportunity. Plus, 'Even a broken clock is right twice a day,' so how hard could this be!"

Chuck also announced the re-hiring of GM RJ Ermola. "Uncle Sydney trusted RJ unconditionally after they won it all in 2024. Plus with the dire financial situation, I'm think we might need to steady the ship again." Crystal Lake recently announced a cash infusion of $5,000.00 from a community participation Go-Fund Me page started by pitcher To-wai Zhou to bring back legendary mascot "Gnate"

With the return of "Gnate" and "Gnic at night dollar dog Tuesdays", here's to a great 2028 season!
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Sandgnats Purchased by Charles "Chuck" Dole IV

#2 Post by Borealis »

Nice tie-in with the Return of RJ!

But those mascots... :-o ... Back at the time of the Birth of the PEBA in 2007, Dinger came knocking on Aurora's door, and he was politely shown the door. After the untimely death of John Rodriguez, Sr, when the Topham's and Golden Entertainment took over on the eve of 2011's season - , Dinger came knocking on the door - and he was promptly told to 'not let the door hit him in the rear' on his way out...

Note: Added the links for newbies and oldies alike for fun historical reference... and maybe encourage JR to pick up his pen...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#3 Post by Sandgnats »

Poor Dinger! O:-)
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Borealis »

Sandgnats wrote:Poor Dinger! O:-)
Well, actually, the quote from Dinger's second trip to Aurora HQ was cleaned for public consumption, from something about Greater Beings and splitting things... I can't say for sure - it was the owners turn to go on the sandwich run... The GM was just 18... I know nothing about payouts to silence disgruntled mascots...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions

Return to “Crystal Lake Sandgnats”