Tony 'Mr. Nice Guy' Cuellar Gets the Win for CL in Game 7!

Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#1 Post by Sandgnats »

CRYSTAL LAKE HERALD

SPORTS – GNATS NOW
Updated: October 26, 2024 – 11:00AM CST

By Howard Heskin, Staff Writer – Twitter @HowardHeskin1

Crystal Lake will be heading home for the League Championship Series as Tony 'Mr. Nice Guy' Cuellar strikes out 7, gives up 2 runs over 7 innings as the Crystal Lake Sandgnats won a nail-biting series against the Toyama Wind Dancers 4-3, wrapping up the Divisional finale 5-2 at Castle of Cagliostro. Cuellar was brought over this past June in the trade from Neo-Tokyo. "I'm just happy to be here. I love my teammates." stated Cuellar. Crystal Lake will face off against Shin Seiki Evas, who defeats the Aurora Borealis 6-0 in game 7 of the other Divisional Series.

Sandgnats right fielder Jarrod Ricks was named the series MVP. He batted .370, drove in 5 runs and scored 3 to lead Crystal Lake into the next round of play."Jarrod was real solid for us, real solid," said Sandgnats manager Joe Matterson. "I normally say I'd like to have nine of him out there, but thankfully we got by with just one this time... good thing because I bet he will be asking for a 500 million, 10 year deal now this off season.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “Crystal Lake Sandgnats”