All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

New Jersey Bound?

#1 Post by Sandgnats »

CRYSTAL LAKE HERALD

SPORTS – GNATS NOW
New Jersey Bound?
Updated: November 8th, 2028 – 6:05 PM

By Howard Heskin, Gnats Beat Writer and ESPN PEBA Correspondent – Twitter @HowardHeskin1

If you have been following my blog the last couple of days you would see I’ve been on the road following a lead I’ve had for sometime that major changes are in store for PEBA. My journey has taken me from Ashville, Charleston, Hilton Head and up to Manchester and now down to Camden, New Jersey. After leaving dinner with my buddy Scott Plack, GM Reg Leblanc and Arturo Bruto – GM of the Sandgnats, RJ Ermola told me we had something to check out in Camden, New Jersey.

As we departed his estate, My mentor Arturo saluted us good bye and said “see ya down in North Carolina!” Not knowing really why he was headed there so soon, I politely waved goodbye to my mentor. On our way to the airport, my buddy Scott texted me and said Arturo was having a meeting down there with Ed Castle on some important business, but nothing was guaranteed like we talked about at dinner. Given Ed and Arturo’s history… something about a girl names Julie… I wasn’t sure what was going to transpire down there.

All I knew was that we were headed to Camden. You know the town best known for being on fire during mischief night and living in the shadow of Philadelphia? Well off the Camden we were. I was surprised to learn that Camden was in the midst of a redevelopment trend and on the up and up, nothing like it was 20 years ago and that's why were were headed there next with RJ. Michael Czosnyka invited RJ down to check out come real estate and talk some business. Not sure Mr. Dole would like such a friendly meeting given RJ is still under contract with the Gnats, but I was intrigued since RJ had not let me know about this relationship at all during our 5 year professional relationship with the Gnats organization. The connection between Streets, Hannahs, Ermola and now Czosnyka is a mystery to me. But on the trip down to Camden, I learned it was oh so simple. Apparently, Streets and Czosnyka's wives are sisters! Go figure! I didn't even know Streets was married. RJ is friends with Hannahs and well I have a drift that Czosnyka is trying to court RJ to come work for the Hitmen. I doubt that New Jersey would be able to pay up the salary that Dole is paying right now to RJ. With the Hitmen Gm making $92k, I doubt a move is on the horizon Gnat fans, but the social dynamic here has been enlightening.

We arrived in Camden and were met by Michael Czosnyka also known as Szef. The Polish immigrant and owner of the WIL New Jersey Hitmen wanted to show us his latest redevelopment project with his new partnership with Drew Streets. We drove past Rutgers-Camden University Campus and into an open lot close to the water front on the Delaware River with a view of the Ben Franklin Bridge and the Philadelphia skyline. “Should I buy this or move to Vegas?”, he wanted to know. Szef was getting tired of Trenton and Mercer County and looking to make a move, but before we could chime in our phone all started to buzz… off to Asheville for a big announcement! As I type this, I’m waiting for our flight to take off from Philly to Asheville. See you there in an hour!
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “Crystal Lake Sandgnats”