San Juan Coqui Notes

MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

San Juan Coqui Notes

#1 Post by MikeB »

It's a crowded outfield in San Juan with Rick Wilson and Robin Baldwin set to come off the disabled list. The team will have eight outfielders and some tough decisions with Wilson and Ed Lee being Rule 5 draftees. One of the players on the bubble, Michael Drew, won back-to-back extra-inning games with sacrifice flies last week. It's uncertain, however, whether his ability to hit a fly ball will salvage a .196 batting average. While Drew is out of options, Okitsugu Shimuzu (.218) could be a candidate for demotion. Rumors are GM Mike Best would like to see more of recent call-ups Estaban Miranda and Dean Walden based on their 2024 AAA numbers and past big league success. Don't be surprised if the high-priced Baldwin winds up on the waiver wire.

FROM THE MINORS: Steven Jackson's 37-inning scoreless streak came to an end Aug. 6 in a rainy, 49-degree day loss in Angoon. He survived a 70-minute rain delay in the second but then gave up 3 runs in the fourth and another 3 in the eighth. The Homer pitcher, a 2nd round draft pick, benefited from a strong centerfield wind in his next start in Anchorage, a 5-2 victory. He is now 6-1 with a 0.99 e.r.a.

---sorry folks, still trying to figure out the urls
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: San Juan Coqui Notes

#2 Post by Leones »

Drew looks like fine to me. By the by, there has been some incessant croaking recently just outside my window, perhaps a 1/2 game back or so. Could I trouble you to relocate slightly farther aback the division lead? :wink:
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Reg »

#CaribbeanProblems

:grin:

Your two teams are sure making a run for the division lead! It is fun to watch!
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#4 Post by MikeB »

Leones wrote:Drew looks like fine to me. By the by, there has been some incessant croaking recently just outside my window, perhaps a 1/2 game back or so. Could I trouble you to relocate slightly farther aback the division lead? :wink:

Not sure if Drew should take that as a voice of support or an insult. Sorry to hear about Castro btw, but I guess I'm nine years late on that.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Leones »

Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Return to “San Juan Coqui”