Trade between New Jersey and Duluth

A record of all trades approved by the commissioner.
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trade between New Jersey and Duluth

#1 Post by Hitmen »

Duluth receives:
SP Bryant Duncan (ML)

New Jersey receives:
SP Raúl Rey (AA)
Duluth's 4th round draft pick

I did this from my phone, I deserve a metal just for that! Will comment more later.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Trade between New Jersey and Duluth

#2 Post by Bill »

Hitmen wrote:Duluth receives:
SP Bryant Duncan (ML)

New Jersey receives:
SP Raúl Rey (AA)
Duluth's 4th round draft pick

I did this from my phone, I deserve a metal just for that! Will comment more later.
Duluth confirms.

You can never have enough pitching, right? We decided to blow up the budget a little bit this season to shore up our pitching. We only have 9 pitchers on the roster to start the season and I only have confidence in 7 of them. Duncan gives us a live arm and a 8th pitcher I have confidence in. It will be interesting to see how we end up using him as I can see using him in several ways.

Thanks to Mike for the negotiations. Hopefully he can continue to develop Senor Rey into a PEBA starter.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Tyler »

Hitmen wrote:I did this from my phone, I deserve a metal just for that! Will comment more later.
So close! !+)
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Matt
VIP
VIP

#4 Post by Matt »

Alleghenies wrote:
Hitmen wrote:I did this from my phone, I deserve a metal just for that! Will comment more later.
So close! !+)
Well, technically, medals are made from a metal, but pointing this out makes me feel like I am meddling. So I will just muddle along.
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Hitmen »

Auto spell for the loss... :cry: !+) or so I plead!
Michael Czosnyka

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by John »

You darn well do. Image
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Hitmen »

It was a pleasure doing business with Bill. I know in the past we've tried a couple times but never really saw eye to eye. This time around we extended the talks a bit and tried to get a better feel for our trading habits and views and in the end a deal got done. What I like most is just knowing how much we actually do see eye to eye and the hopes that future deals will run just as smoothly.

Duncan was already at least in my mind, out the door when I had him previously moved to Fargo which got shut down thanks to Encarnación getting chippy. I really love Duncan and how well he did in his transition from the bullpen to the mound. Sifting through his numbers I found he gave me a lot more quality starts than I expected out of his low stamina. Better yet if I needed to in the playoffs I could drop him to the pen where he was most dominant and benefit in that regard. This was initially a move I wanted to make, but then when I moved Livewire instead I didn't initially want to move Duncan again. I probably make myself a little weaker now arm wise, but I am really excited about being free of the contract. I just had to relearn the hard way the past few seasons that having no flexibility financially is pretty crappy. Figured I would remember this a little better from New Jersey's early broke days when I took over, but I had to relearn the pain. I missed out on some promising young guys as they became available and I really didn't like missing out on the chance at least. While Duncan deserved his contract when I made it, I am more than happy to risk moving a player still in their prime to be free of the financial burden and hopefully getting a solid return for him rather than chance him growing old in my hands. And the fact that he's going to the SL and I won't see him, the merrier :grin:

Rey is a guy I think will grow on me, and if he can't stick with the starting role like Duncan with the low stamina, I am sure he will be great future bullpen arm. I have high hopes either way on him.
John wrote:
You darn well do. Image
And actually playing Skyrim now that the latest DLC came out ;-D And I still blame my phone for the typo... :oops:
Michael Czosnyka

Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

#8 Post by Board of the PEBA »

Confirming the trade between the Duluth Warriors and the New Jersey Hitmen

Duluth receives: