Trade Between Neo-Tokyo and Seoul

A record of all trades approved by the commissioner.
Mike Branda

Trade Between Neo-Tokyo and Seoul

#1 Post by Mike Branda »

Neo-Tokyo receives:
1B Yasuyuki Hashimoto
Seoul's 1st round draft pick #1
Niihama-shi's 1st round draft pick #2
Neo-Tokyo's 1st round draft pick #10
Neo-Tokyo's 2nd round draft pick
Kure's 3rd round draft pick

Seoul receives:
SP Takiji "Eager Beaver" Mizutani
1B Koto Murakami (A)

This deal had taken literally days to do. I am glad for the patience Ron has given and and the hours of back and forth talk. There was a reason I had to move Hobo. I wanted to also get a hitter in return for Hashimoto. This was the reason for the trades I was doing. I had this up my sleeve but got side winded when I got Hashimoto. This trade will give me 4 pitchers who will be with the Seoul Crushers and a very long time. Ron literally would not post it because EB meant so much to him.

I confirm
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Trade Between Neo-Tokyo and Seoul

#2 Post by Akira »

Neo-Tokyo receives:
1B Yasuyuki Hashimoto
Seoul's 1st round draft pick #1
Niihama-shi's 1st round draft pick #2
Neo-Tokyo's 1st round draft pick #10

Seoul receives:
1B Koto Murakami (A)
<Sigh> I reluctantly confirm.

Mark has been after EB for a long time and he gave up alot for 1 pitcher. I'm taking one step back to hopefully move 2 forward. My farm system is ranked 10th and I have to keep an eye out for the future in order to stay competitive in a tough division. Hopefully i will get 2 very good pitchers or other specs to make up for EB. I hope I don't regret this... :eek:
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Evas »

I was deeply involved with these talks, Mark was trying to pry a package away from me centered around my emerging LF star Ryozo Takeuchi. As much as I wanted those early picks, I could not convince myself to give up an LRS ready 40+ Hr guy than I already have locked up for the next 9 years. A bird in the hand...

I have mixed feelings about this deal. On one hand, I am happy that Mizutani is out of the SSG. This move hurts NT badly over the next 2-4 years until those picks blossom in to LRS level pitching. As much as adding a 1B bat helps, losing Mizutani hurts much more in my opinion. I think this move means the #2 spot in the SSG is wide open now. NT, Kure, KAW and HYA all have a shot at it with the edge possibly going to Kure if they are aggressive this off season. At the same time, dread is how I would describe my feelings about the thought of NT acquiring "Barrell" Yokohama in next year's draft. The upside for me is that the rest of the current Akira roster could be past its prime by the time he is ready to go. On the other hand, that huge crop of prospects he got will probably yield some very useful assets that should be ready at about the same time.

As far as how this move looks for Seoul, I do not like it. With as many needs as that team has and as shallow of a system as it has, I do not think it makes sense to mortgage the future like this, even for a pitcher the likes of "Eager Beaver". Sure the Seoul rotation looks great, and he has a handful of good hitting prospects, but the rest of his system is completely bare. But then again, what better foundation is there than a set of 4 good to superior SP's? Seoul should certainly be more interesting to watch in 2015.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

Confirming trade between the Seoul Crushers and the Neo-Tokyo Akira.

Neo-Tokyo receives:
1B Yasuyuki Hashimoto
Seoul's 1st round draft pick
Niihama-shi's 1st round draft pick
Neo-Tokyo's 1st round draft pick

Seoul receives:
1B Koto Murakami (A)

This trade is official and processed.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Daniel Diemer

#5 Post by Daniel Diemer »

Fascinating.
Neil Thomas

#6 Post by Neil Thomas »

This is a trade we will be looking back on to see how it panned out.
Aaron Tassano

#7 Post by Aaron Tassano »

Wow, I just woke up...this is like cold water in the face. I guess this is one of those trades where Ron had to ask himself just how untouchable is my most untouchable player.

I mostly agree with Kevin. I'm glad to see the Beav' leave the division first and formost. Not real excited to see Hashimoto coming back, but I suspect he'll be much the same player he was in Kure. Thought he'd be more of a force in the BBG or one of the smaller SSG parks. As far as Seoul goes...I've stopped asking why.
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Leones »

please excuse me, I must wash my chin, it's been on the floor. :) That's a big matzah ball!
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#9 Post by Akira »

Arsenal wrote:Wow, I just woke up...this is like cold water in the face. I guess this is one of those trades where Ron had to ask himself just how untouchable is my most untouchable player.
You hit the nail on the head. I wonder what other GMs would have done if presented the same offer for their top player. I think I can still be a legitimate contender for a playoff spot with the talent I have. I'm not throwing in the towel by any means.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Leones »

Akira wrote:I wonder what other GMs would have done if presented the same offer for their top player

I can answer that from experience. I passed. :)

It was somewhat tempting though especially for a club like mine that is a perennial last pick in the draft. :wink:
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Mike Branda

#11 Post by Mike Branda »

Yeah when our discussions started to slow down. I sent out a few messages to other Gms for a few other players. I got what I wanted and it will work out in the end.
Daniel Diemer

#12 Post by Daniel Diemer »

All will certainly work out, because time moves only forward. It has no choice but to work out. Either way, this weekend will go down as pivotal in Seoul franchise history, and will definitely influence the LRS for the next 5-7 seasons. Over the weekend, the team executed "Project Big Sleeves" and traded:

SS Antonio Perez (best young SS in the league, with 5 years of minsal control)
SP Jun'ichi Yoshino (#2 prospect in the LRS)
2 First Round picks (#1, #10)
2 Second Round picks
7th round pick

For:

SP Takiji Mizutani (#7 prospect in LRS before being removed from the list, with 5 years of minsal control)
1B Koto Murakami (#23 prospect in LRS)
4th round pick

Whether Seoul is determined to be the winner in these deals is left as an exercise to the individual observer to ascertain, but I'll also note that all of the value that left Seoul this weekend was pumped directly into the SSG.
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by klewis »

Transmitters wrote:All will certainly work out, because time moves only forward. It has no choice but to work out. Either way, this weekend will go down as pivotal in Seoul franchise history, and will definitely influence the LRS for the next 5-7 seasons. Over the weekend, the team executed "Project Big Sleeves" and traded:

SS Antonio Perez (best young SS in the league, with 5 years of minsal control)
SP Jun'ichi Yoshino (#2 prospect in the LRS)
2 First Round picks (#1, #10)
2 Second Round picks
7th round pick

For:

SP Takiji Mizutani (#7 prospect in LRS before being removed from the list, with 5 years of minsal control)
1B Koto Murakami (#23 prospect in LRS)
4th round pick

Whether Seoul is determined to be the winner in these deals is left as an exercise to the individual observer to ascertain, but I'll also note that all of the value that left Seoul this weekend was pumped directly into the SSG.
I think you forgot another first round draft pick (#2 overall from the Ghosts). Not sure who this will shake up but all I know is... it is a good thing Matt of San Antonio and Mark are not in the same leagues. That would be insane to witness in terms of raw sheer amount of trades that will have to be processed by a trade blogger :lol:
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Daniel Diemer

#14 Post by Daniel Diemer »

I think the Ghost's #2 came and then went, though I could be wrong. :)
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Mike Dunn »

Transmitters wrote:I think the Ghost's #2 came and then went, though I could be wrong. :)
You're correct, it ended up in Neo Tokyo.
Mike Dunn

Former GM, Niihama-Shi Ghosts (2011-2019)
Record (9 seasons): 662-634
Division Titles: 1
Playoff Appearances: 3
Neo Tokyo Cup Appearances: 1
LRS Championships: 0

Return to “Processed Trades”