Trade between West Virginia and Aurora

A record of all trades approved by the commissioner.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trade between West Virginia and Aurora

#1 Post by Borealis »

The Alleghanies receive:

SP Gunner MacGruder

The Borealis receive:

West Virginia's 2025 #1 draft pick

Thanks Greg for the mostly easy discussions. Good Luck with Gunner - I'll be watching his progress intently.

More commentary to come...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: Trade between West Virginia and Aurora

#2 Post by Alleghenies »

Borealis wrote:The Alleghanies receive:

SP Gunner MacGruder

The Borealis receive:

West Virginia's 2025 #1 draft pick

Thanks Greg for the mostly easy discussions. Good Luck with Gunner - I'll be watching his progress intently.

More commentary to come...
Alleghenies confirm.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Borealis »

Gunner has been such an enigmatic issue. We got all of one half a season out of him, though he's due to be healthy soon. With no guarantee that he'll perform at a reasonable level, he couldn't be counted on - then again, scouts seem to think he's going to be fine - and WV certainly gambles there - and it's a gamble that could have a big effect on the IL race. His salary, and contract status also was problematic. He's scheduled for $17M next year - a sum we certainly can afford, but again the uncertainty of what we see out of him is a concern. Plus, that salary is on a player option - thus we risk losing him if he pitches well, and being stuck for it if he doesn't pitch well. Oh... And he doesn't like our manager. After much consternation, we opted to pray to the OOTP Gods and get something tangible.

I certainly hope he likes who's in charge in WV and if he stays, he gives Greg a solid 2025, as I'm sure that'll be a chunk of change out of their 2025 budget. Best case scenario for them is that he's a $6M gamble who pitches well for the stretch drive.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by DanD »

Trade processed.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa

Return to “Processed Trades”