What light through yonder window breaks?

Underground
Double-A
Double-A

What light through yonder window breaks?

#1 Post by Underground »

Between 6/24 and 6/30, London Underground attendance per game increased by 623 and revenue per game increased $17,056.45, despite losing four games with only two wins.
Last edited by Underground on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Evan Seary
London Underground
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: What light through yonder window breaks?

#2 Post by Leones »

That's a nice trend
Last edited by Leones on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Underground
Double-A
Double-A

#3 Post by Underground »

London reaches the mid point of the season on a slight upward trend.
36-45 .444 win% 4th in the division 6.5 games behind Havana
Evan Seary
London Underground
Underground
Double-A
Double-A

#4 Post by Underground »

LF Lorenzo Valenzuela returned from the DL 7/8/2024. Hopefully his bat will contribute to Underground wins soon. His offense this season has not been as helpful as earlier in his career. Perhaps this renewed opportunity to play might inspire a change in the positive direction.
Evan Seary
London Underground
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Arroyos »

Romeo would be proud.

It is the east, and London the sun!
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Underground
Double-A
Double-A

#6 Post by Underground »

Two successive wins, on September 28th, and 29th of 2024 might mark the beginning of the end of a tail-spin nose dive, downward spiraling snowball, or drop off a precipitous cliff, in which only 2 games had been won relative to 25 losses ( 0.074 win percentage for those statistically inclined) between August 30th and September 27th. Relatively new General Manager James Konopka made desperate attempts to bring the "right" type of attitude and personality into the dugout, regardless of talent or on-field ability. Hopefully the ship will be spared of sinking below the surface prior to the season close. A bow bobbing in the waves, as team members struggle to tread water without life preservers, would be preferred to a mast disappearing into a sea or abyss of collective hopelessness in the clubhouse. Drastic measures were clearly required, following messages from many on the team along the following lines:

"I'm not going to name names, but the situation in the clubhouse has really gone downhill. Nobody seems to be taking things seriously, and it's starting to affect our on-field performance".

"The bickering in the clubhouse is worse than middle school! Nobody seems to be getting along with each other. I'd like to say it's not affecting my performance, but I'm not so sure any more".

Both clear understatements, amongst others.

Considering myself somewhat of a veteran OOTP gamer, I have never seen so many red faces in the morale column in all of my seasons of experience with online league or solo play. If I'm remembering correctly, shortly after the trade deadline, I was appalled to notice every emoticon face in that column was red. I clearly missed an opportunity for improvement in this area before the trade deadline. Though I'm not sure enough fresh blood of the morale boosting type could have been brought in to stop the bleeding through a few trades, anyway.

:( ===> :)

With hope on a wing and prayer for "wait till next season"!

Bitterly bracing myself for that tremendous reward, at the helm of the team, deemed least having met expectations, during the first partial season of my reign as GM. A far cry from the dynasty I envisioned when hopping into the saddle.
Evan Seary
London Underground
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Leones »

Underground wrote:... Considering myself somewhat of a veteran OOTP gamer, I have never seen so many red faces in the morale column in all of my seasons of experience with online league or solo play. If I'm remembering correctly, shortly after the trade deadline, I was appalled to notice every emoticon face in that column was red. I clearly missed an opportunity for improvement in this area before the trade deadline. Though I'm not sure enough fresh blood of the morale boosting type could have been brought in to stop the bleeding through a few trades, anyway. ...
One of my minor league clubs had a similar issue. It was resolved by firing a handful of underperforming players who were reported to not be hardworkers and/or looked like they were vocal malcontents. Tried the same appraoch with another minor league club, to a lesser degree, and it seemed to have no effect whatsoever. Didn't want to cut the club more deeply so left it alone. I recently hired a new manager for that club so we'll see if that has any effect.

This is just one of those things that appear with every new version of OOTP it seems. Keeps things interesting...
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Underground
Double-A
Double-A

#8 Post by Underground »

The London Underground managed to win 4 games while only losing 3, closing out the season, finally, with a winning week of baseball.
Evan Seary
London Underground

Return to “London Underground”