Hello, I must be going

Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hello, I must be going

#1 Post by Leones »

After pulling into the office we opened up the latest club emails to find a letter from RP Jesús Carmargo. He tells us how much he likes playing here and how he’d really like to continue his career in Havana. Letter is dated 12 June, today is the 17th. Shake a leg! Go get this guy re-upped!

We pull a quick check on his performance and yeah, obviously we’d like to talk about keeping him around a while longer.

A quick dash over to finance to see if we have some funding; check Looks good.

Called the legal beagles and directed them to start negotiating. Hang up, grab a cup of Joe and wait for the good news.

Not so fast. Carmago, apparently, upon receiving our desire to negotiate slams the phone and refuses to negotiate. Says he wants to test free agency.

Just another day in the life of an PEBA GM…

edit: fixed link to Carmargo's page
Last edited by Leones on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

Re: Hello, I must be going

#2 Post by Sandgnats »

:-?
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Hello, I must be going

#3 Post by Leones »

While enjoying a premium cigar at the office I put my feet up on the desk. Thus began the second part to this story. The fine leather of my shoe grazed the phone on the desk and hit the redial button. Next thing I know there's a ring tone and the line picks up.

"Hi boss. What are the details?" It's Jesús Carmargo on the other end. He wants to get the extension signed. Diplomatically ignoring the last time we called and he hung on up us, I proceed to say that we were willing to meet reasonable demands. how'd he like to stack with the club a while. "Great!" he says and we agree to have his agent work with our contact guys. The conversation ended we hang up.

Sitting at the desk the only thought in my head is WTF just happened? I give the cigar a double take, shake my head and go back to enjoying it. PEBA is a funny place to work sometimes. Next week we receive this email from Carmargo:

"I want to thank you for making this an easy decision for me. Even though I know I could get more on the open market, I'm happy to be making $3,000,000 while staying here in Havana.

Jesús Carmargo"

:-?
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Return to “Havana Leones”