Disagreein’ in the Caribbean

Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Disagreein’ in the Caribbean

#1 Post by Leones »

August is Caribbean Rivalry Month with Havana and San Juan facing off seven times over the course of the next few weeks. This gem born of PEBA expansion promises compelling competition for all fans, young and old.

Part one begins tonight with a four game set kicking off in Havana. With the clubs separated by a mere game and a half in the standings it has the potential to be pivotal to deciding any post-season plans for the clubs.

San Juan comes to town after a July they’d rather forget. Going 1-9 over the last ten, frankly has left the club with some questions about the club. Don’t be fooled though. This club has had the measure of the Leones this season posting a 3-2 record against the local nine. They’ll be looking to make a statement and will not likely miss the opportunity to get ahead at the expense of the Cubans.

Havana has been treading water but has managed to stay afloat. The outfield has been decimated with major injuries to RF Motoki Suzuki (torn ligaments, 3 months), LF Hiroshige Takeda (broken elbow, 4months) and CF Carlos Jiménez (hip soreness, 5 days) What had been previously the engine room of the lineup has become a concern. The call ups have been filling in admirably but it remains to be seen if that can continue.

Pull up a chair and settle in for the best rivalry in PEBA. The Disagreein’ in the Caribbean starts tonight!
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

Re: Disagreein’ in the Caribbean

#2 Post by MikeB »

After a 1-9 homestand my team finds its way back in Havana. I have no explanation for it except cutting Baldwin. When I wrote about his disrupting the team, I thought I was using my imagination. Maybe not.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

Re: Disagreein’ in the Caribbean

#3 Post by MikeB »

This time around with my only two OFs fatigued, you will probably get three AAA guys there at least in the first game.

Actually five guys just called up in the lineup for our first game.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui

Return to “Havana Leones”