The Roar: A train wreck continues

Zach Scott
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

The Roar: A train wreck continues

#1 Post by Zach Scott »

So, hi and welcome back to The Roar. I just have to say, you all should be impressed with how bad our team is. I mean, only 2 of our starting 9 hitters are hitting above .260, and 6 of them- 6- are hitting under .225. Only 2 of our 5 SPs have ERAs under 4- Jimenez at 3.99- and none of them have a winning record. None of our relievers has an ERA under 2.50, and only 2 of them are under 3.00. Even more astounding, none of our 3 minor league affiliates currently in a season have a winning record. One of them, Eindhoven at AAA, is even worse than we are, going just 15-37 so far for a .288 winning percent.

Somehow, Amsterdam is not the worst team in the league, or even second. According to the newest power rankings, we are better than both Yuma and London. With no disrespect intended, a team of nine-year-old blind people would be better than London. Then again, it's starting to look like that is exactly what we have.

Oh well. At least none of this can be laid at my feet! I came in to manage this team after all of these horrible moves had been made. But Bob, you were the one who traded Carlos Rivera for a SP who's 2-5 with a 3.99 ERA, and a RP who has an ERA of 10.80 since joining Amsterdam. Shut up, internal monologue.

So that's it for today. Signing off for now, Bob Weinberg, dying slowly watching this godawful team.
Zack Scott
Amsterdam Lions

Post 18+
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: The Roar: A train wreck continues

#2 Post by Reg »

It'll make the victories so much sweeter! Hang in there, Bob. It looks like a lot of those fat contracts will get off your books at the end of the year (thinking Jacobs, Kokan and Cole at least), and then you will really get to play with the play-doh and mould the team! Free agency and Rule 5 draft could be intriguing.
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

Re: The Roar: A train wreck continues

#3 Post by Sandgnats »

You can only head up from here! And you will know who the real fans are. Reg makes a good point, you'll have alot of opportunity to build from the ground up.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “Amsterdam Lions”