The Roar: The official blog of the Amsterdam Lions

Zach Scott
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

The Roar: The official blog of the Amsterdam Lions

#1 Post by Zach Scott »

Hi, everyone. My name is Bob Weinberg, and I am the GM of the Amsterdam Lions. Now, I don't really want to do this, but I have been told by my PR department that a blog is essential to a relationship with the fans. Or, to quote the head of PR directly, "Bob, how dumb can you be? If you don't give the fans something, they will turn on you. Then nobody comes to games, we run out of money, and the Lions get sold to some hack who doesn't know what he is doing. I mean, that's kind of you, but please do a blog." So here goes. Presenting The Roar: The official Amsterdam Lions blog!
Zack Scott
Amsterdam Lions

Post 18+
Zach Scott
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

The Roar: Early-season woes for the Lions

#2 Post by Zach Scott »

Hi, and welcome to the first blog post on The Roar. So I have a very fun subject to talk about right now: why my team sucks. The short answer is that our hitters are not producing, with nobody hitting over .300 or more than 6 HRs. Looking more deeply, it is definitely that our hitters are terrible. Only 3 of our starting lineup are hitting above .250 (one of them is hurt, though) and 4 of them are hitting under .200. But there's plenty of blame for the pitching, too. Arturo "Massacre" Jimenez, who we acquired in the blockbuster Carlos Rivera deal, has so far been a dud, going 0-2 with a 3.76 ERA. Manuel Galloca, the other part of the Massacre deal, has been the very definition of a bust, putting up an ERA of 11.57. Luis Gusman, who led the league in wins 2 years ago and losses last year, looks set to defend last year's title. So far he is 1-5 with an 8.49 ERA. The "bright spot" is closer Martin Cantin, who has an ERA of just 1.84. However, with such a bad lineup behind him, you can't expect him to get many saves, and indeed he has only 4. So that;s the story of the Lions' woes: bad hitting, bad starting, bad bullpen, and excellent managing. Clearly, none of this is my fault. Anyway, Bob Weinberg signing off of The Roar. See you next time, when we will hopefully have a winning percent above .400!
Zack Scott
Amsterdam Lions

Post 18+
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: The Roar: Early-season woes for the Lions

#3 Post by Alleghenies »

Lions wrote:Hi, and welcome to the first blog post on The Roar. So I have a very fun subject to talk about right now: why my team sucks. The short answer is that our hitters are not producing, with nobody hitting over .300 or more than 6 HRs. Looking more deeply, it is definitely that our hitters are terrible. Only 3 of our starting lineup are hitting above .250 (one of them is hurt, though) and 4 of them are hitting under .200. But there's plenty of blame for the pitching, too. Arturo "Massacre" Jimenez, who we acquired in the blockbuster Carlos Rivera deal, has so far been a dud, going 0-2 with a 3.76 ERA. Manuel Galloca, the other part of the Massacre deal, has been the very definition of a bust, putting up an ERA of 11.57. Luis Gusman, who led the league in wins 2 years ago and losses last year, looks set to defend last year's title. So far he is 1-5 with an 8.49 ERA. The "bright spot" is closer Martin Cantin, who has an ERA of just 1.84. However, with such a bad lineup behind him, you can't expect him to get many saves, and indeed he has only 4. So that;s the story of the Lions' woes: bad hitting, bad starting, bad bullpen, and excellent managing. Clearly, none of this is my fault. Anyway, Bob Weinberg signing off of The Roar. See you next time, when we will hopefully have a winning percent above .400!

It doesn't help you have only 23 men on your 25 man team and 4 of them should be on the DL....
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: The Roar: The official blog of the Amsterdam Lions

#4 Post by Reg »

I noticed he just exported, so that is probably all updated now.
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#5 Post by Nigel »

Now he only has 11 on roster with one of them out for five months
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Borealis »

Badgers wrote:Now he only has 11 on roster with one of them out for five months
I had noticed that...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#7 Post by Nigel »

I think the preseason prediction of 1-161 gave it away lol. I wonder who will be the one team to lose to them?
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com

Return to “Amsterdam Lions”