Cool...listening now. :)
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions
Hall of Famer

Re: PEBA Podcast

#17 Post by roncollins »

Outstanding job!

I think Bakersfield is in big trouble against Crystal Lake. Hancock can't start game 1 because he pitched in the last game of the season, and Freddie Benjamin is hurt and lost for the playoffs.

I would probably pick Duluth over Toyama, except the Julian Thomas probably isn't available until game three. They could press him to start earlier, but he won't last long. It'll be interesting to see what happens. But, yeah, we like our pitching.

The disparity between the IL and SL is fairly easy to see merely based on revenue and market sizes. That their leadership is so good and stable is the kicker, of course. But the SL has 4 mega-teams, the IL only 2 (And Amsterdam is on the decline, so it's more like 1.5). It's very, very hard to win with any consistency when you're consistently playing with 65% of the revenue of the big boys. :) Blah, blah, blah ... it can be done, but it takes much time.

In the IL, Kentucky should take London, but London is a storied franchise. Who knows? And the Hartford Havana series is maybe too close to call, but I'm calling Havana for it's ties to the LRS. :)

Bottom line, though, is that this was most excellent. Great job. Can't wait to see the preview for the next round. Hint, hint...
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Leones »

I listen to a fair number of podcasts and I really enjoyed this one. Really well done guys! ;-D Looking forward to the next one.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#19 Post by KenH »

Thanks guys :grin:
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#20 Post by Leones »

My favorite thing about the podcast and articles you guys write is that it introduces me to things about the league I would otherwise miss. I usually live in a tiny Havana based bubble. So it's nice to hear what other guys have to say about their teams and other clubs as well. The podcast is especially fun as I get to put voices to names. It's a little thing that goes a long way. Thanks for doing it, really looking forward to more.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#21 Post by Duane »

Featherheads wrote:The first episode of PEBA-Cast has arrived just in time for the 2023 playoffs! Please give a listen and let me know what you think. I'm not happy with my audio quality in this episode but I will have it fixed by the next time we record (which should be after playoffs are over... maybe one primer for the championship? We'll see).

Also, big THANK YOU to Reg! He made the intro and was a trooper while I worked out some finnicky software stuff. I'm really excited to have you on board! Hopefully this is just the start for this thing.

Give it a listen HERE!

(Sorry about the crappy hosting page -- I'll get something legit at some point but I wanted to get this up).
I will try this from home, not able to use all these fancy services from work.
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!

Return to “PEBA-Cast”