PEBA-Cast Episode 13 - Steve Hott 2029!

Reg, Ken and RJ's; PEBA-Cast

Moderators: Reg, Sandgnats, KenH

KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

PEBA-Cast Episode 13 - Steve Hott 2029!

#1 Post by KenH »

Hey guys! In this episode, we talk all things June 2029 in the PEBAverse. We talk about what teams are hot (Hott?) and if we can expect those trends to continue into July.

LISTEN HERE!!!

We also talk about the All-Star teams... if you want to make your voice heard (and you should), make sure to sign into statslab and turn in your ballot
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: PEBA-Cast Episode 13 - Steve Hott 2029!

#2 Post by Leones »

'Slow third step' my new favorite thing to see on a scouting report. Nice job again guys. Great coverage of all things PEBA.

It's funny you mention the Havana rebuild as I spent mch time recently trying to figure out where everyone came from. Initially had the idea of "well of course, drafting Vazquez turned the club around" After a deeper dig, realized that Enrique didn't really have a full season of action until the 2025 season. By then, Havana had already made playoff appearances in 2023 and 2024. The table was set largely by Motoki Suzuki along with some rental-pitching. In terms of draft pickups while the 2023 selection of Vazquez definitely solidified the turnaround it seems to have had actually begun in 2021 with the selections of Bill Jones and Jonathan Sherwin followed by the 2022 selection of Glenn Thomas, another 1st pick.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#3 Post by Sandgnats »

Thank you for sharing Patrick!
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Lions »

When I was looking at the van Dam/Vazquez matchup, I was surprised to see that Vazquez wasn't really all that good his first two seasons before making the leap in 2027. Provost had a similar path, IIRC. It was also interesting to see that Havana won their division in 2026 by 11 games, despite an 82-80 record!

The 2022 to 2023 Leones improved by 34 wins, a PEBA record. CL Ricardo Perez was a second year pitcher that year, 2023, and it's the only year of his career he hasn't been an All-Star. He led the league with 39 saves.

Good stuff on the podcast... I was most impressed with the lack of cursing about not hitting the record button, but I guess that was all off the air. ;)

Really liked all the content, the look around the league, the All-Star balloting review, and the fun stats at the end were all great.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#5 Post by Sandgnats »

Badgers wrote:When I was looking at the van Dam/Vazquez matchup, I was surprised to see that Vazquez wasn't really all that good his first two seasons before making the leap in 2027. Provost had a similar path, IIRC. It was also interesting to see that Havana won their division in 2026 by 11 games, despite an 82-80 record!

The 2022 to 2023 Leones improved by 34 wins, a PEBA record. CL Ricardo Perez was a second year pitcher that year, 2023, and it's the only year of his career he hasn't been an All-Star. He led the league with 39 saves.

Good stuff on the podcast... I was most impressed with the lack of cursing about not hitting the record button, but I guess that was all off the air. ;)

Really liked all the content, the look around the league, the All-Star balloting review, and the fun stats at the end were all great.
Thanks Frank!
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “PEBA-Cast”