Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Who exactly is 'Kool-Aid' Jones?

#1 Post by Reg »

Who exactly is 'Kool-Aid' Jones?

Scott Plack, The Cajun Chronicles
June 16th, 2025

As I write this, I have to admit I made a grave faux-pas which caused quite the awkward interview.

As our new first round selection arrived for an on-air talk this morning on Cajun Radio, I considered myself the next coming of Jerry Seinfeld for a moment and yelled out "Hey, Kool-Aid!"

... it went over like a lead balloon.

"Nice to meet you", he said, quietly.

"But, just so you know, my name is James Randolph Nathaniel Jones." explained the native of Victoria, Texas. "Kool-Aid is not in my name but I can deal with the nickname if you media folk like it."

James Jones, also willfully and unfortunately known as Jim Jones... or simply 'Kool-Aid' to many of his team-mates, is well aware of his name. "Yeah, I've heard the Kool-Aid jokes since I was a kid". He says, "but I guess you can say I am here to salvage that name and give it a good reputation again somehow."

He added, "...and yes, I hate Kool-Aid as an actual beverage. Always have, even as a sugar-crazed kid, thanks to that dude."

"Kind of a shame, really. Gatorade just didn't have the same zip if you're playing little league all afternoon", he said, with a bashful smile.

Jim Jones

His reserved personality displays the sort of pitcher that he is: very calculating, reserved, cerebral and precise... despite lacking in pitching speed, he makes up in pinpoint accuracy. He spent most of his evenings at the University of Central Florida studying and analyzing opposing batters at the school library after hours; long after his team-mates had left for pubs or bed.

This attention to detail gave him a 12-9 record in 35 starts, a 2.19 ERA and 236 K's versus only 41 walks.

We will see how he develops, but the shy kid from Florida might just be a star one day, if things continue the way they do.
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Cajun Chronicles - Who exactly is 'Kool-Aid' Jones?

#2 Post by Borealis »

That's how you spend your CP before the snow even falls on Asheville!!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

Re: Cajun Chronicles - Who exactly is 'Kool-Aid' Jones?

#3 Post by Sandgnats »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “New Orleans Trendsetters”