2026 Ky set to unveil expanded seating, and other news

Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

2026 Ky set to unveil expanded seating, and other news

#1 Post by Duane »

by Rusty Knobs, Racing Reporter
April 1, 2026

The Kentucky Thoroughbreds are happy to announce the promotion of AA Manager Paul Conner to the position of Manager of your PEBA Kentucky Thoroughbreds for the 2026 season. Paul has been with us since 2020 as manager of AA Parma/Bowling Green, making the playoffs four times including leading Bowling Green to a AA championship in 2024. His overall record is 452-388 with a .538 win percentage. Paul has two years left on his latest contract, and the added benefit of having most of the current Thoroughbreds on his AA teams.

41 year old Conner replaces the retired 67 year old Bob Arnold who managed the Thoroughbreds for only three seasons, making the playoffs in each. Bob was not well liked by his players which led to his decision to retire early with two years remaining on his contract. Bob’s record in his three seasons is a combined 280-206 with a .576 win percentage.

There are rumors that there was some behind closed doors meetings and Bob was asked or forced to retire. David 'Cheese' Chesney referenced a situation in one of his in-season blog http://pebabaseball.com/boards/viewtopi ... 73&t=10153 entries. “The feud between Domingo Rodriguez and manager Bob Arnold continues, now with the owner and GM Rudis getting involved. Why I know these things I can't tell, but I assure you that these are not rumors. The owner likes Domingo and wants the GM to extend his contract. The GM is already in hot water with scouting director Mike Sparks over some previous situations. Should Rudis and Arnold to toe-to-toe over Domingo??? I know what I would do but I have a couple more years on my contract here so I am not saying at this time. Ya we got us a pickle here in Kentucky.” The end result is that all three parties are no longer with the organization – Arnold retired, Domingo was let go into free agency, and Sparks has left to try his fortunes elsewhere. Coincidence??? I don’t think so.

In other news, the home of your Kentucky Thoroughbreds has expanded its seating capacity to the PEBA max of 65,000. One of the goals owner Héctor Shatner has given GM Rudis has been to achieve an average attendance of 55,000. For the past several years with only 55,000 seats available it seemed to be an un-attainable target. Now with 65,000 available the GM is in his own hot-seat to reach the goal.
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

Re: 2026 Ky set to unveil expanded seating, and other news

#2 Post by Sandgnats »

I love your beat writer's name. ;-D
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Duane »

Thanks RJ .... he's been around since season 1 (I believe). John had us name our writers
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Borealis »

Right there along with Ray D. Enze...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions

Return to “Kentucky Thoroughbreds”