Cheesy Chatter

Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cheesy Chatter

#1 Post by Duane »

Well it's official. I am with my fifth team now and hopefully my last. Kentucky has a very established bullpen and my role here is etched in stone - to be the right handed setup for R (Aranda). Maybe I don't have the fire I once did but man these kids can pitch, and they are once again potential post season contenders. I haven't mixed much with all the guys but this changes now that the season has officially begun. AND, I might add that 'we' are not off to a good start, going 3 and 4 - losing 3 of 4 to the hated Trendsetters :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: .

Just some things I noted in my short time here .... It seems that Dominguez (Domingo Rodriguez) has had a falling out with manager Bob Arnold. I heard from various others around the league that Arnold has made a few enemies, but I never knew him from before coming here - clean slate I say. But I do feel for Dominguez, he was the number 1 or 2 last year but has been relegated to number 4 even though his name still appears in the number 2 slot. Just a little drama that I hope clears itself up real soon - we'z got some baseball to play!!!

David Chesney
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Chesney Chatter

#2 Post by Zephyrs »

Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Chesney Chatter

#3 Post by Duane »

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEESE
Duane

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Cheesy Chatter

#4 Post by Duane »

Ahhhh the thrill of being on a team without drama .... NOT!!!!

It seems to me that manager Bob Arnold is really not interested in making friends with us. As he reworks the pitching staff favoring some and alienating others, players are not thrilled .... I am not thrilled. But hey, we are winning and I guess that's what we are being paid for. I just wish Arnold was a bit more personable and approachable by us players. I mean, I am not some random kid in Spring Training trying to get noticed. I am the CHEESE and I have been around the block, this being my 15th season in PEBA. I 'should' be like a player-coach, a mentor, a father figure of sorts for the young team Kentucky has maintained.

Another thing that is real confusing is this - Why is there such hatred for the Trendsetters when they are sucking the tail pipes of the rest of the division yet the Featherheads continue year after year to dominate the division??? Shouldn't our focus be on beating the team ahead of us? Don't you just love politics???

Cheese out :bang: :bang: :bang: ......
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Duane »

Now that's some impressive stuff.
Have you guys seen the rook? Rookie Ramón Téllez is the only starter with a winning record. And by the way, he is deserving of more where 2 of his losses he had given up 2 runs losing 2-0 and 2-1. Can you say Wunderkind??? Has a pitcher won this before? Hey, if I am asked to vote I am definitely without question voting for Téllez - the kid can flat out pitch!!!!!

And just sayin, it's not so bad to be in or very near 1st place .... and I hear that the farm system is in this position as well. FEELS GOOD!!!!!

Cheese out :bang: :bang: :bang:
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Duane »

The feud between Domingo Rodriguez and manager Bob Arnold continues, now with the owner and GM Rudis getting involved. Why I know these things I can't tell, but I assure you that these are not rumors. The owner likes Domingo and wants the GM to extend his contract. The GM is already in hot water with scouting director Mike Sparks over some previous situations. Should Rudis and Arnold to toe-to-toe over Domingo??? I know what I would do but I have a couple more years on my contract here so I am not saying at this time. Ya we got us a pickle here in Kentucky.

There was also a minor (long time coming) change in the Kentucky pitching staff as Benson was waived in lieu of bringing back José Hernández. Bullfrog has been here 5 seasons, and took the assignment to AA Jefferson County as a challenge while Benson was allowed time to grow. Bullfrog dominated AAA hitters in 20g (12starts) for a 10-1-0 record with a 0.63era over 99ip - 10bb and 136k. This works for the team as a lefty for lefty swap and gaining much more experience and leadership. Welcome back Bullfrog!!!

Rumors still swirling about 2B Ronald Lowry - he was brought in to help the kids but IMO, he has been the source of tension in the clubhouse.

Good news though for Ricardo Martínez (08/14/2024 Injured (torn UCL (Tommy John surgery))) has thrown his first pitches in AAA rehab assignment going 5.2ip giving up 2 runs on 5hits with 3bb and 3k

Cheese out!!!
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Duane »

You all know this is my first go-around here in Kentucky. I am pleased so far by how the team and front office has responded to issues and challenges this season. I am even more pleased that the front office made a deal to help us fend off Florida by acquiring starting pitcher Maes and right fielder Rod Rodriguez. But for some reason their flight was canceled and we went at it with Florida with only 23 on the active roster. This team really has heart and rose to the challenge taking 3 of 4 from our rivals. However I am concerned a bit. Manager Bob Arnold has called for an investigation into the canceled flight by asking some guy named Sweeney Todd to find out what really happened. Really not pleased with what I see in this Bob Arnold fella, and as far as I know this Sweeney guy has something to do with the grounds and security - anyone out there know anything about him???

Stay cheesy ....
Cheese out
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Duane »

Time to put on our big-boy pants. We get Maes and he goes 11 innings and gets shut down for the rest of the season. Moves have already been made to address the loss - Gonzáles is activated from the DL and goes to the pen while Domingo goes back to the rotation for now. Whispers also have it that Maes refused to talk extension - in my opinion that was a very hefty price tag for a guy who may even be faking his 'sore shoulder'.

I was informed that time has run out for Ronald Lowry as he has been Waived and DFA'd. He pretty much brought nothing to this team other than a few temper tantrums and a bunch of whining. I for one will not miss him. He is being replaced by an additional pitcher, one whom we haven't seen in over a year - Ricardo Martínez. He is coming off his rehab assignment at AAA Jefferson County where his four starts were mediocre but struck out a batter per inning. Looks like he will continue his rehab in middle relief - hope he can still throw strikes!!!

As long as our bats keep swingin and arms stay healthy we have a real good shot at overtaking Florida ... the race is on!!!

Cheese out...........................
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Ghosts »

Ugh, he's not even talking now? He was talking to me but he might as well not have been, I think his last ask was 5 yrs and 22M a year. I would have considered it for 3, but 5 seemed way too long. Not to mention he wanted a player option for year 6 and 7.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current

Return to “Kentucky Thoroughbreds”