CON-OMA Trade

A record of all trades approved by the commissioner.
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

CON-OMA Trade

#1 Post by Lions »

To Connecticut:
CF Arthur Collins

To Omaha:
$21 million cash
CON's 1st round draft pick
CON's 2nd round draft pick
CON's 3rd round draft pick
OF Orlando Germán
CL Jorge Martínez (AAA)
OF Joey Robinson (AAA)

Please put Collins on the major league roster, starting CF, with Quinn as the backup for all 3 OF positions. For now, just put Collins in Quinn's former lineup slot. Thanks!
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: CON-OMA Trade

#2 Post by Borealis »

:shock:

Holy Shocking Sticker Price Batman!

Is it fair to say the 'Meggers are going All In!?!?
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Jason »

Nutmeggers wrote:To Connecticut:
CF Arthur Collins

To Omaha:
$21 million cash
OF Orlando Germán
CL Jorge Martínez (AAA)
OF Joey Robinson (AAA)
We regrettably accept this deal.

Please insert German in Collins slot on the order and depth chart for now. Thanks!

This offer was too good to pass up - and we are happy he will head to the IL so we don't face him. It's a deal we unfortunately have to make if we want to sign all these rookies. Thanks for the easy negotiations, Frank.
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

Forum: 200+
June 8, 2011-2020: 847-800 (Omaha Cyclones)
2021-June 5, 2023: 179-202 (Hartford Harpoon)
Warnke ERA: 1026-1002 (.506)
2015 SL Champions (OMA)
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Lions »

Yes, thanks for the quick and easy deal. For me, this was an opportunity I didn't want to miss. Collins is a guy I've wanted for a long time. The cash I can hopefully recoup this season with a strong showing. I'm not terribly worried about that aspect. The draft picks will hurt. I missed those first three picks this year as well, and my draft was extremely underwhelming. Germán was moved for roster room. Martínez and Robinson are players that I'm dealing from a point of perceived depth. One of the big draws for me as well is that this deal gives me a middle of the order hitter who will soften the blow if I'm unable to sign Ronald Lowry to an extension.
Frank Esselink
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Hitmen »

Borealis wrote::shock:

Holy Shocking Sticker Price Batman!

Is it fair to say the 'Meggers are going All In!?!?
Ugh, it's tough enough to have a rebound year! Now this? :shake:
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#6 Post by Jason »

Yeah, sorry Mike. This definitely hurts the Hitmen a bit.

Hopefully we will be able to sign our first 3-4 rounds of players this year. Couple that with next years draft and I think we have rebuilt the farm system in less than 2 years.
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

2015 SL Champions (OMA)
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by klewis »

I believe there is a 10 million cash max in any deal. Nice trade for both sides though, if it works or is reworked.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Lions »

I did actually check the constitution for a mention of cash being traded and all I was able to find was that you could not exceed the cash you had on hand. If there is a problem, please let us know so Jason and I can fix it.
Frank Esselink
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Evas »

I don't normally follow movements on the other side of the pond, but this one is a doozy.

Kudos to the Nutmeggers for going big. The picks are tough to give up, but considering that they won't be high picks and the very affordable deal that Collins is signed to, I think it is worth it. Plus Collins' deal is so nice that he could probably be flipped later to recover some of that value if need be. I think it is a very strong WIN-NOW move.

The deal makes sense for Omaha too. If they don't think the are legit contenders in 2019, there is a lot to be said for selling high on a player. Between moving Collins' contract and the cash, Omaha gains about $15M in spending power per season over the 2020-2022 span. That might be able to buy Collins' offensive production. Then everything else in the deal is a bonus for Omaha. 3 picks and 3 players is a pretty good haul for giving up 1 year of production.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Hitmen »

Featherheads wrote:I believe there is a 10 million cash max in any deal. Nice trade for both sides though, if it works or is reworked.
There was something like this in the past as I remember it making a big deal in the initial Hancock talks. When or where it got changed off of that rule I don't remember though.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#11 Post by Jason »

Hitmen wrote:
Featherheads wrote:I believe there is a 10 million cash max in any deal. Nice trade for both sides though, if it works or is reworked.
There was something like this in the past as I remember it making a big deal in the initial Hancock talks. When or where it got changed off of that rule I don't remember though.
Not sure this rule would really make sense as I could simply send another non material player over to CON in a second deal for more cash...
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

2015 SL Champions (OMA)
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by DanD »

I don't see anything in the constitution stating a maximum cash amount involved in a trade. We'll have to see if OOTP has an issue with it, but I wouldn't think so.

Oh, and: :shake:
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by klewis »

Evas wrote:I don't normally follow movements on the other side of the pond, but this one is a doozy.

Kudos to the Nutmeggers for going big. The picks are tough to give up, but considering that they won't be high picks and the very affordable deal that Collins is signed to, I think it is worth it. Plus Collins' deal is so nice that he could probably be flipped later to recover some of that value if need be. I think it is a very strong WIN-NOW move.

The deal makes sense for Omaha too. If they don't think the are legit contenders in 2019, there is a lot to be said for selling high on a player. Between moving Collins' contract and the cash, Omaha gains about $15M in spending power per season over the 2020-2022 span. That might be able to buy Collins' offensive production. Then everything else in the deal is a bonus for Omaha. 3 picks and 3 players is a pretty good haul for giving up 1 year of production.
Agreed with the sentiments. Nice deal for both. I think it is a very fair deal on both sides. Connecticut sends a message to their fans that they are adamant in being championship contenders. Omaha gets a shot in the arm for their rebuilding process with all that cash heading back.

Finally, a blockbuster deal! Grats to both!
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by DanD »

Cyclones wrote:
Nutmeggers wrote:To Connecticut:
CF Arthur Collins

To Omaha:
$21 million cash
OF Orlando Germán
CL Jorge Martínez (AAA)
OF Joey Robinson (AAA)
We regrettably accept this deal.

Please insert German in Collins slot on the order and depth chart for now. Thanks!

This offer was too good to pass up - and we are happy he will head to the IL so we don't face him. It's a deal we unfortunately have to make if we want to sign all these rookies. Thanks for the easy negotiations, Frank.
This trade is official and has been processed.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa

Return to “Processed Trades”