Trade between HYA and KUW

A record of all trades approved by the commissioner.
Shinkansen

Trade between HYA and KUW

#1 Post by Shinkansen »

Hyakujuu receives:
1B Jotaro Koike (A)
LF Shihei Sakuma (AAA)
Kuwana's 1st Round Pick, 2nd overall
Kuwana's 1st Round Pick, 9th overall

Kuwana receives:
1B Kinji Hayakawa
LF Ryozo Takeuchi
CL Sojuro Nishimura
SP Shoichi Ine
Steel Dragons

Re: Trade between HYA and KUW

#2 Post by Steel Dragons »

Shinkansen wrote:Hyakujuu receives:
1B Jotaro Koike (A)
LF Shihei Sakuma (AAA)
Kuwana's 1st Round Pick, 9th overall

Kuwana receives:
1B Kinji Hayakawa
LF Ryozo Takeuchi
CL Sojuro Nishimura
SP Shoichi Ine

I confirm, I finally get a really good power hitter and a few pieces that fill out my roster.
Greg A
Triple-A
Triple-A

#3 Post by Greg A »

*shakes my head*
Steel Dragons

#4 Post by Steel Dragons »

I think this is a good deal for Kuwana, I get a massive power hitter who is easily worth a 1st over all by himself. I get 3 other guys who are LRS also. I still have top pick in the next draft that I can trade also to fill my spots.
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Mike Dunn »

I may be wrong, but I believe this needs to be re-posted to state who originally owned those first rounders.
Celestial Warriors wrote:*shakes my head*
Agreed. A moratorium or review on big trades by brand new owners has long been needed.
Mike Dunn

Former GM, Niihama-Shi Ghosts (2011-2019)
Record (9 seasons): 662-634
Division Titles: 1
Playoff Appearances: 3
Neo Tokyo Cup Appearances: 1
LRS Championships: 0
Steel Dragons

#6 Post by Steel Dragons »

I honestly do not think this is a huge trade. I think it I pretty even. If I had done this type of trade with any other GM there would be no issues I guarantee it. He is in rebuild mode which, in LRS years if 3-5 seasons. Depending on who he drafts he has those players and I get guys who are LRS ready. It was almost an uneven trade were he woudl have gotten more than me and more picks but we evened it out better. Honestly if you guys think this is offset you need to re-look the players up and what not because you are nuts. This is about an even trade as you get.
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Mike Dunn »

Well I guess we're nuts, then.

We should still have a moratorium or review on owners with two days in the league trading star players.
Mike Dunn

Steel Dragons

#8 Post by Steel Dragons »

Yes you guys are as you know that I said to be true. You all would hop on that trade lol. He has OOTP experience and is not a noobie.
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Leones »

Well done on keeping the discussion frank and civil guys but before it gets any more legs please remember the PEBA Constitution addresses this area:

"Individual GMs who feel a trade meets the criteria for disallowing should PM the Board privately to express their opinion. If a sufficient number of complaints are registered, the Board will discuss the matter with the GMs involved in the trade before making a final determination on the fate of the deal. Public complaints of trades will not be tolerated."

As far as new GM's trading perhaps that would be better approached as a floater issue for the league to consider under its on topic. Not sure it's best served otherwise.

just my two bits. :)
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Mike Dunn »

Thanks for the reminder Patrick. But just so everyone is clear -- I'm not questioning or judging the fairness of the trade. I'm just questioning the idea of a brand new owner making a major trade after just two days at the helm, and moving some talented players, without first testing the waters through the trade block. And just because a new owner has played OOTP before does not mean they understand the very unique aspects of the LRS. Without first learning them, pulling the trigger quickly on a big deal is ill-advised.

That, and not the fairness of the deal, leaves me shaking my head.

Anyway, this deal needs to be re-posted and then re-confirmed. According to the trade post protocol:
Any draft picks exchanging hands, along with the round of the pick and the team that the pick initially belonged to.
Mike Dunn

Steel Dragons

#11 Post by Steel Dragons »

How is it leaving you shaking your head, He posted he was looking to rebuild and would look to talk. That is like saying it is unfair that a GM does not wait for you to get home and make sure to talk to you before he decides to trade. Would you like us to change LRS trading hours to after most GMs are off work so they do not feel as if they are being left out? I talked to every GM about my picks before even going to talk to Charlie. He wanted a lot more and after a ton of talk we decided on this. He didn't take the 1st offer tossed his way. We messaged for hours over it. The fact that not every Gm will be around the same time allows for unique trades to happen. It is how baseball works. That's like saying it is unfair for me to scan the PEBA rosters for eligible Japanese players for transfer from PEBA to LRS without it getting posted on forums for all to see. I took the time to scan those teams why would I lose it out to a post on the forums if I do the leg work myself? Same thing with a trade, GM posts I am rebuilding make offers. Don't make the league look bad or put a bad taste in his mouth because you publicly disagree with it over what ever reasons you do.
Steel Dragons

#12 Post by Steel Dragons »

The 2nd overall pick is Mine

The other I do not know because in game does not get updated as often.
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Lions »

Charlie, if you could update the first post of this thread to meet the formatting requirements for traded picks, that would be appreciated.

For the rest, I understand it can be frustrating when a trade is made involving players you would have liked to be able to discuss with the GM before the trigger was pulled. This can be particularly so if it involves a new member of the league in their first few days. If anyone would like to have the board review this trade or submit a floater proposal, please send a note to the board members and/or Matt with specifics of what you feel is inappropriate or might be changed for the future.

Let's keep the remainder of the discussion in this thread to the relative merits of the talent moving and how that might impact teams moving forward. Thanks!

EDIT: I think the #9 pick was from Fushigi Yugi
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Shinkansen

#14 Post by Shinkansen »

Hyakujuu receives:
1B Jotaro Koike (A)
LF Shihei Sakuma (AAA)
Fushigi Yugi's 1st Round Pick, 9th overall