Steps to take upon completing a trade

When two teams have come to an agreement on a trade, this is the place to post the finalized deal.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steps to take upon completing a trade

#1 Post by John »

During the regular season, you're required to have at least 23 players on your active roster each sim. A large trade may push you below that threshold. The way to handle this is to waiver/DFA the players you're trading to make room for promotions from your minors. You may always waiver/DFA players involved in pending trades to make space on your active roster for the next sim. During the offseason, roster minimums aren't enforced and there's no need to waiver/DFA traded players.

Please wait to waiver/DFA the player(s) you're trading away until after you've received confirmation of your trade from me. Let me repeat that: WAIVER/DFA YOUR TRADED PLAYERS AFTER YOUR TRADE HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY ME!! Once your players have been DFA'd, you'll be able to promote players to take temporarily fill their spots for the upcoming sim. This way you'll never have to be shorthanded.

Owners may include instructions in their completed trade posts for assigning new acquisitions to a roster and inserting them into the lineup/rotation/depth chart. I will execute those moves for you so you can have your new acquisition playing for you the same sim you trade for him.

However, I will only make moves for players involved in the trade; I will not shuffle other players around to make room. It is your responsibility to insure you have room for your new acquisitions; if you don't I will be unable to process your requests assignments.

IMPORTANT: Before finalizing your trade, please verify that you're not in violation of any of these points:
  • Player Restrictions (NOTE: All player restrictions except the first are waived during the Winter Meetings):
    • No more than ten players may be included by a team in a single trade.
    • Players selected in the Amateur Draft are ineligible to be traded for one full year.
    • Players on a team’s 60-day DL may not be included in trades. Additionally, players listed as facing one month or more of recovery time may not be included in trades.
    • International free agents may not be traded until one year after the signing of their first professional contract.
    • No player may be traded within 90 days of signing a major league contract, or within 30 days of their signing a minor league contract.
    • Players with at least 10 years of major league service and at least 5 years spent with current team may exercise their 10/5 rule rights to veto a trade. Owners will be informed if/when this occurs.
    • Free agents signed to off-season major league contracts may not be traded until a set date during the upcoming season:
      • PEBA: June 15th
      • LRS: July 8th
  • PTBNLs: No Player To Be Named Later (PTBNL) may be included in a trade.
  • Draft Picks: No more than 5 picks may be included by a team in a single trade. Only picks for the upcoming Amateur Draft may be traded. Draft picks may not be traded during the sim cycle directly preceding an Amateur Draft.
  • Cash: No more than $10,000,000 may be included by a team in a single trade. Exchanges of cash that take a team below -$10,000,000 on hand will not be permitted.
  • Contracts: It is the responsibility of owners to police themselves regarding contracts acquired via trades. While you may exceed your budget, bear in mind the CP penalties for being too far in debt (see Article IV).
  • Trade Deadline: The PEBA trade deadline is July 31, while the LRS trade deadline will fall in mid-August and will be announced in advance of each season. PEBA players traded during August must pass through Trade Waivers (see below). PEBA players may not be traded between September and the conclusion of the playoffs. LRS players may not be traded between the trade deadline and the conclusion of the playoffs.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR HANDLING BLOCKBUSTER TRADES: Before you post your just-negotiated blockbuster deal, PM me with the full breakdown. There's a 99% chance that everything will be fine and the deal will fly right through, but just in case it's always a good plan to send it my way first. If it's necessary, I can suggest ideas for making modifications that will make the deal kosher.

You only need to bother with this with the big deals; normal trades can just be posted here as soon as they're negotiated. And again, it's highly unlikely there'll be any issues with your deal, but better safe than sorry! :mrgreen:

Return to “Completed Trades”