2029: Steaming down the tracks : Edition 1 (Tampering?)

Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

2029: Steaming down the tracks : Edition 1 (Tampering?)

#1 Post by Alleghenies »

Tampering?
Never!!! At least that is what West Virginia is saying from claims by Scottish GM Victor Caleca. After two long seasons away from West Virginia Don Mercer is coming back home. After going to Duluth and winning a championship, he was dealt to Scotland and while he did very well there, he didn’t like his time there.
“Have you ever had haggis? It is almost as bad as kimchi. Besides that, it is very gloomy there. I will say I did enjoy the playoff run, but as soon as I played back in Watts Powell Field, I had a pretty good feeling I wanted to come back. I have played most of my PEBA career here and just maybe I can finish it here, but then again you never know, “said Don Mercer.
“As soon as the game was over, GM Abcarian and coach Gonzalez waited outside the locker room and then took him to dinner. What do you think they discussed, how to make Haggis? No, they were discussing on how to bring Mercer back to West Virginia and convincing him to opt out of the contract he had with us. It doesn’t hurt that GM Abcarian used to GM this team and still probably has some people in the organization that have loyalty to him. He probably had them whispering things in Don’s ear. Besides that, blatant fact, how about the fact he was going to make $35+ more million with us over the lifetime of the contract. Who just gives up $35 million in guaranteed money if something is promised? “claimed GM Victor Caleca.
“While I think it is great that Victor gives me that much credit, I was too busy trying to win the Championship at the time, to worry about what Don Mercer was going to do. I won’t deny we went to dinner, but that is because Don and I have a long relationship and when he left it wasn’t on bad terms, it was to try to reach a new point in his career. He achieved it by winning a CS with Duluth. So, no tampering by us, that is certain,” GM Abcarian stated.
“Tampering or not, I am just super happy to have my old buddy back. I have not only missed him in the lineup, but even more so in the clubhouse. Don is a great guy to have and gets the people around him to do better, “said Brad Davis.
Lan-quing LI Jr. the owner for the Alleghenies had this to say, “I don’t know if there was any tampering. I would expect that there wasn’t any as GM Abcarian is a man of high integrity, but I do know that I told him he better bring me a CS soon or this budget will drop.”

So was there tampering? Who knows, but I am sure that when Scotland and West Virginia play this year, both teams will have it circled on the calendar.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: 2029: Steaming down the tracks : Edition 1 (Tampering?)

#2 Post by Borealis »

Hmmmmmmm... suspicious behavior... The Office of the Commissioner's attention has been caught over this situation... could there be sanctions pending against the West Virginia GM?
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#3 Post by Vic »

Let's just say that the Mercer situation has been added to the Claymores' complaint to the International Court of Justice in The Hague. A full account of how The Hague handles both the Featherheads/Chris York complaint and the Alleghenies/Mercer complaint will post shortly in the Scottish forum ...

And, Mike, if you impose sanctions on Greg, it's only fair that they involve copious amounts of haggis ..
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
DrewV
Triple-A
Triple-A

#4 Post by DrewV »

Young Scots are burning his handsome image in effigy across the highlands...
Drew Visscher (GM Ricky McCoy) | Duluth Warriors
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Leones »

The Scots are mad. Sure Mercer's gone but have they forgotten they've added Pat Barry in the OF? Looks to me like an upgrade over Mercer. No offense meant to West Virginia. :-B
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#6 Post by Alleghenies »

I don't think it's a coincidence that Chris York last major league contract was with West Virginia. Things that make you go Hmmmm..
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#7 Post by Alleghenies »

Leones wrote:No offense meant to West Virginia. :-B
It's taken. You are now my sworn enemy for life!!! Haha

I signed who my scout said was better and he has done a decent job over the years.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#8 Post by Vic »

All I can say, Greg, is be worried If you see plaid in your rearview mirror ...
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#9 Post by Sandgnats »

Leones wrote:The Scots are mad. Sure Mercer's gone but have they forgotten they've added Pat Barry in the OF? Looks to me like an upgrade over Mercer. No offense meant to West Virginia. :-B
His last minor league contract was with the Gnats! haha
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “West Virginia Alleghenies”