THE BUREAUCRATS HAVE MADE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Bureaucrats
Double-A
Double-A

THE BUREAUCRATS HAVE MADE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

#1 Post by Bureaucrats »

In what can only be described as a nail-biting finish, the Arlington Bureaucrats have clinched a playoff berth on the last day of the season. Everything needed to go right, and it did. Following a harrowing 4 game losing streak, the Boys in Black and Yellow proceeded to secure a series win against the Amsterdam Lions, winning 2 out of 3 games and outscoring them 15-9. A sweep of the Hartford Harpoons secured the clinch and we're off to the races! A markedly improved season over the 2027 campaign, the season record of 84-78 secured a 2nd wildcard slot with 3 games above the Kentucky Thoroughbreds. "I'm so happy right now, I could cry," an emotional GM Justin Barker told reporters "I'm just so glad the champagne hides the tears." Originally critical of the Bureaucrats, Barker let it be known his intentions right away about a potential rebuild upon his hiring. "Maybe my words motivated them. Maybe they wanted to prove something. Either way, I'm proud that my inaugural season went the way it did."
t3qkhrohrh321.jpg
Starting October 4th, the Bureaucrats will face off against the Scottish Claymores for the Wildcard Series. With a season series record of 6-6, this could be anyone's series. Arlington in their six games is hitting .254/.306/.415/.721 against Scottish with an ERA/WHIP/BAA of 3.33/1.19/.233. Scottish batters currently hold a line of .233/.291/.380/.671 and a pitching line of 4.70/1.28/.254

Roberto Comacho (ARL, 9-10, 3.65 ERA) faces off against Carlos Perez (SCO, 15-11, 3.09 ERA) in game 1.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Justin Barker
GM Arlington Bureaucrats
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: THE BUREAUCRATS HAVE MADE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

#2 Post by Leones »

congrats! and best of luck to both clubs in the playoffs! ;-D
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Borealis »

What a great job by both teams! It's terrific to see new GMs come in and take floundering teams and turn them around with a little love! As a matter of fact, I think those were my exact words to Justin when he joined - "They are a proud franchise that needs some tough love to get them back into the playoffs." Way to make me look like Nostradamus, Justin!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Bureaucrats
Double-A
Double-A

#4 Post by Bureaucrats »

Borealis wrote:What a great job by both teams! It's terrific to see new GMs come in and take floundering teams and turn them around with a little love! As a matter of fact, I think those were my exact words to Justin when he joined - "They are a proud franchise that needs some tough love to get them back into the playoffs." Way to make me look like Nostradamus, Justin!!
Anytime! ;-D
Justin Barker
GM Arlington Bureaucrats
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#5 Post by Sandgnats »

Maybe there will be a red ticker tape parade one day for the 'Crats some day soon!
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Ghosts »

Cheers to new PEBA GMs in this year's playoffs!
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current

Return to “Arlington Bureaucrats”