A Retrospective on Inactivity

Bureaucrats
Double-A
Double-A

A Retrospective on Inactivity

#1 Post by Bureaucrats »

Slow, noire-style jazz plays in the background. A man in a long trench coat leans back in his deck chair. He pours out some scotch and lights a cigarette. His office is dark and smoke begins to fill the air. He opens his journal, and begins transcribing his thoughts.

The idea of the Bureaucrats not participating in the trade deadline mania was brought forth to me by a good-looking dame. I was told they decided to sit pat and watch from the sidelines. It would appear that was the wrong decision, and now they are scrambling for a solution to their current dilemma. While they are still in the running for the 2nd IL wildcard slot, they continue to lose position. Once they were tied for it and now they are two games back. While they can still make it with the current crop of players, the real test comes with the September call-ups in a few days.

The man takes a long, slow drink from his glass of scotch. He swallows, and breathes through gritted teeth while he pours another glass for himself.

Players like this Torcall Penrose fellow, who already has a respectable 2.74 ERA in AAA. His addition to the major league roster so soon after drafting him should be a worthy addition to the wildcard race. On the other side of the ball is players like Theodore Bryant, who has put up a nice .274 average in AAA with 17 homeruns and 61 RBI.

The man bogarts his cigarette, puts it out in his ash tray, and lights another, taking a slow drag before exhaling

The Bureaucrats position to not pursue any trades can be understood. A new GM wants to see what his farm system can do before a panicked trade is made. Given a month's time, we'll see how this decision plays out.

The man chugs his scotch, puts out the freshly lit cigarette, and leans back in his chair. A mysterious light that was casting an ominous shadow overhead fades to black.
Justin Barker
GM Arlington Bureaucrats
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: A Retrospective on Inactivity

#2 Post by Borealis »

Hmmmmmmmm... I'd be careful of those silent guys in the shadows - Ray D. Enze had a run in with one of those guys, and it didn't turn out so well...

Great atmosphere, Justin!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#3 Post by Vic »

Also, I’m going to flick that light back on for a second and remind you that the ‘Crats took 2 of 3 from the Claymores in pretty convincing fashion, so buck up there, laddie! (Flicks the light back off, and excuses himself to the mysterious figure in the shadows ... then slides back into the room, takes a swig of scotch, and slides back out.)
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#4 Post by Dinosaurs »

love the atmosphere. As someone who also slid past the trade deadline without making much noise, I'm curious holding onto the prospects will be worth it.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs

Return to “Arlington Bureaucrats”