Weekly Game Summary

Bureaucrats
Double-A
Double-A

Weekly Game Summary

#1 Post by Bureaucrats »

Week of May 29th - June 1st
3 Wins : 1 Loss

In a month in which the Bureaucrats played to a 14-15 record, their best so far this season, they ended the month of May with a 4 game winning streak. It's surely a great way to end the month, as the previous week was not kind to them. Here are the Game's Summaries, followed by a brief analysis of the Box Score.

May 29th v. Amsterdam Lions
Result: Win, 8-4

SP Motoyuki Hatsutori definitely deserved the win today. Pitching 5 innings of 1 hit, 1 run ball, plus hit 5 strikeouts and 0 walks gave his offense the best he could have given. Even though the Lions nearly came back with an 8th inning rally, it was stamped down by a stellar pitching performance by Tsuramatsu Ito. Clutch 2-Out RBIs came from RF Rob Davidson, C Marvin Hansen, and CF Cal Thomas (2). It was simply a great game.

May 30th v. Amsterdam Lions
Result: Win, 2-1

In what can only be described as an absolute pitcher's duel between the Lions' Arturo Velasquez and the Bureaucrats Darren Jackson, the Bureaucrats were able to eek out the victory, but only barely. Jackson pitched 8 innings, giving up 3 hits, 1 unearned run, 1 walk, and 5 strikeouts. Velasquez pitched for 7 innings, giving up 6 hits, 2 earned runs, 1 walk, 5 strikeouts, and 1 Home Run (Chae-ku Yi, Bttm 1st, 0 on, 2 outs). With the Lions trailing 2-0 since the 2nd inning, they managed to score in the 9th, and Akio Sai closed out the inning, sealing the win for the Bureacrats.

May 31st v. Amsterdam Lions
Result: Win, 3-1

Bureaucrats SP Santiago Garcia picked up the win in his 5 innings of work. Giving up 3 hits, only 1 run, 3 walks, 8 Strikeouts and 1 HR (Freddy Strickland, 2nd Inning, 0 on, 1 out), he turned it over to his bullpen, who held the Lions to their only run. Akio Sai picked up the save again, his 11th of the season.

June 1st v. Amsterdam Lions
Result: Loss, 3-4

In a game that seemed like it would be the 5th consecutive win for the Bureaucrats, it soon led to disaster. Orlando Rodriguez gave the Bureaucrats a great start, pitching 4.1 inningg, and giving up no runs with 4 hits. Seeing as Arlington started right out of the gate, scoring 2 runs in the bottom of the 1st, the bullpen couldn't stem the tide of the Lions' hitting. Bureaucrats RP Fred Benjamin took up the work that Rodriguez started, but could not live up to his performance. Benjamin allowed 3 hits and 2 runs in his 2.1 innings of work. Tsuramatsu Ito followed up, and also allowed 2 runs, both Home Runs, in .2 innings of work. Mike Monroe was able to stop the bleeding, but only because the body had run out of blood. At least the Bureaucrats forced the Lions to use 5 relievers compared to their 3.

ANALYSIS

It was a good stretch this time around. The Bureaucrats seemed to be able to perform well enough. The bullpen continues to be a weak point, but it's still serviceable. Recent trades will bring in fresh blood, and hopefully with it, greater outcomes.

June 2nd to June 5th will have the Bureaucrats clash with the San Juan Coqui (June 2nd-4th) at home and the Florida Featherheads (June 5th) in Florida.
Last edited by Bureaucrats on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justin Barker
GM Arlington Bureaucrats
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Weekly Game Summary: May 29th - June 1st

#2 Post by Borealis »

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how the swarm of 'Gnats effects the 'Crats...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Fishermen
Double-A
Double-A

Re: Weekly Game Summary: May 29th - June 1st

#3 Post by Fishermen »

Me too :smile: I don't think I've ever seen that many players brought in by one series of trades, I hope it works out for you except of course I want you to stay behind me :P
Andy (Sim, Chaan-Shu)
GM Gloucester Fishermen
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Weekly Game Summary

#4 Post by Reg »

Loved the analysis :clap: ;-D
Seems like things are moving fast over in Virginia at the moment!
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

Re: Weekly Game Summary

#5 Post by Sandgnats »

:clap: Bravo
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations