A Summary of the Season That Should Not Have Been

Bureaucrats
Double-A
Double-A

A Summary of the Season That Should Not Have Been

#1 Post by Bureaucrats »

All Good Things Must Come To An End

Life is fleeting. The season was born on a cold March morning and the Bureaucrats have visited its deathbed on October 10th, 2028. However, it's not incorrect to say it was a good life. Though they were the bridesmaid's for the majority of the season, it was a life full of excitement. Early in the season it was evidently clear that they would not make the playoffs with the current front office staff. Then, out of the blue, a new General Manager came out of the fold. Justin Barker saw what needed to be rectified and he worked the best he could.

The first six games under his newly established tenure was par for the course with the core of the team. 1-6 with 7 earned runs all those 6 games. Immediately launching into a rebuild state, he began to trade away some prospects and journeyed veterans for rebuild pieces. We all were concerned about their production. It seemed primed for several tanking years. Except, a curious thing began to happen.

They began to win.

"I guess it was all due to what I wanted from them," Barker said in an interview "I wanted guys who got on base, and they gave me their all." And indeed, they had. Fighting all season just to secure a wildcard spot, they fought for it with all they had. Facing the Claymores, who were potentially their most equal contender with a 6-6 season record. The first 2 games went about as well as one could've expected, splitting them 1-1 with Motoyuki Hatsutori earning the first game win. The 2nd game turned into a slugfest that ultimately led to a Scottish victory. Games 3 and 4 went about the same, with Roberto Comacho, despite his inconsistencies during the season, managing to get the win in game 3. Perhaps, then, it is appropriate that in Game 5 Hatsutori couldn't hold back the Scottish tide. It felt like it was going to happen regardless of what we could do to change it. We died with a smile on our face, a fate better than most.
Justin Barker
GM Arlington Bureaucrats
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: A Summary of the Season That Should Not Have Been

#2 Post by Borealis »

It 'twas a good life (season) for the 2028 'Crats!! It'll be exciting to see how 2029 goes...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#3 Post by Vic »

It was a great run, Justin. It'll be fun to see what you do with the 'Crats over a full season. I'm hoping this season was the start of a blood rivalry with the Claymores ... that would be fun to play out over a few years!
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
DrewV
Triple-A
Triple-A

#4 Post by DrewV »

Great work Justin, and well done this year. Looking forward to seeing them next season!
Drew Visscher (GM Ricky McCoy) | Duluth Warriors

Return to “Arlington Bureaucrats”