The Importance of Being Earnest (Or whatever contrived bs)

Bureaucrats
Double-A
Double-A

The Importance of Being Earnest (Or whatever contrived bs)

#1 Post by Bureaucrats »

The Trade Deadline, a day of excitement, a flurry of moves, and questions to be asked. I'm sure the main question the fans of the Bureaucrats have right now is "Why were there no moves at the trade deadline for the Bureaucrats?" (the irl answer is I was at Spring Training with my family and fighting the worst flu of my life at the same time).

The answer is simple; caution.

I had already made moves that improved the club to where we are now. If I were to go ham on players that I thought would improve our current position based on their current performance, I would be gambling on something that I doubt I could pay up for later. Translation: It would have come back to bite me in a way that would make a mockery of me.

The Arlington Bureaucrats are, as of this article's writing, 58-53. We are 1 game behind the Wildcard, (which is both the story of my current tenure and a decent title for a book) and are still competitive. With 51 games left, we are still in the running for the WC game, and by golly we are going to make that WC game or die trying. I am determined to help the Bureaucrats see October baseball, and I am damn well not going to go down without a fight.
Justin Barker
GM Arlington Bureaucrats
Fishermen
Double-A
Double-A

Re: The Importance of Being Earnest (Or whatever contrived b

#2 Post by Fishermen »

I think there’s going to be a real tussle for the IL wildcard this year. A lot of teams, abandoned for too long, are reawakening now and all casting envious eyes on the Wildcard. Hartford’s post All Star game form has given them hope that they can re-enter the race whilst all the IL Trans-Atlantic fancy their chances right down to London. There will be a few teams that die trying lol
Andy (Sim, Chaan-Shu)
GM Gloucester Fishermen

Return to “Arlington Bureaucrats”