PEBA/LRS Hall of fame?

Cole
All-Star
All-Star

Re: PEBA/LRS Hall of fame?

#16 Post by Cole »

Calzones wrote:My personal opinion is that until Marcus Hancock is eligible, it's not really worth discussing. That guy should be first. Hands down. I won't cast a vote for anyone until he is eligible.

Seems like a plan to me. Likely about the time when such a thing will be relevant too.

I also disagree there should provisions in place for people who had CEI's .... You can't really project what they would have done had they not got injured.

Someone who made a great impact in 2007 but only got to play a certain amount of seasons ... maybe. Depending on how large an impact they had in league in that time.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#17 Post by roncollins »

Love the idea of PEBA pioneers as a way to honor early stars who had less than full careers. Career enders are career enders, and I think a guy's career stands on its own. Just me. I think the following should be workable:

1) Start now.
2) Look at the "retiree" list at the end of each year.
3) Retirees who played in year 1 are eligible to be listed in the Hall of PEBA pioneers.
4) Everyone else is eligible for the Hall of Fame (though, inclusion should be made based on what would be expected of a full career, hence it is +possible_ for a guy to be both a HoPP and a HoF inductee, but quite unlikely.
5) My guess is that few, if any, players will qualify for the HoF for a few more years, but at least the mechanics would all be in place.

This way you can award great early players without having to weird-out the HoF.
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Duane »

Cliff Hangers wrote:Love the idea of PEBA pioneers as a way to honor early stars who had less than full careers. Career enders are career enders, and I think a guy's career stands on its own. Just me. I think the following should be workable:

1) Start now.
3) Retirees who played in year 1 are eligible to be listed in the Hall of PEBA pioneers.
4) Everyone else is eligible for the Hall of Fame (though, inclusion should be made based on what would be expected of a full career, hence it is +possible_ for a guy to be both a HoPP and a HoF inductee, but quite unlikely.
5) My guess is that few, if any, players will qualify for the HoF for a few more years, but at least the mechanics would all be in place.

we concur...kinda what i was hoping for but much more thought out.
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#19 Post by John »

I'm in the "wait for history to play out camp" that favors delaying HoF voting, but I must admit I find Ron's proposal intriguing.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Shinkansen

#20 Post by Shinkansen »

Cliff Hangers wrote:Love the idea of PEBA pioneers as a way to honor early stars who had less than full careers. Career enders are career enders, and I think a guy's career stands on its own. Just me. I think the following should be workable:

1) Start now.

I like this idea ;-D
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#21 Post by Denny »

1) Start now.

I like this idea too....plus we have a ready-made smiley to go with the HoPP acronym :bunny:
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#22 Post by Apollos »

1) Start now.

So, I like this idea though I have a question on it. The game obviously only allows for creation of one HOF, so how would we create the HoPP? Would it just be web-based with a link from our front page.
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
Shinkansen

#23 Post by Shinkansen »

Sandgnats wrote:

1) Start now.

So, I like this idea though I have a question on it. The game obviously only allows for creation of one HOF, so how would we create the HoPP? Would it just be web-based with a link from our front page.
I don't think we'll be able to differentiate in game, it would be more of something we put on the website.
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#24 Post by Nigel »

The Board have allowed me to co-ordinate the setting up of the HOF and hopefully soon it will have it's own section on the forums from where we can expand on the set-up discussion. It is looking like it will be mainly web based as the game can handle separate HOF's for the PEBA & the LRS but will struggle to cope with a 'PEBA pioneers' section if we have one together with the induction of staff, GM's and commissioners.

My intention is to run a series of polls alongside the ongoing discussion so we can begin to set up the criteria and parameters ready for when we decide to open the Hall. I hope everyone can participate in the discussions as this is all of our's history. We have all contributed to the history making over the last 13 years and it would be nice is everybody could participate in the lasting celebration of the PEBAverse's legacy.
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Steel Dragons

#25 Post by Steel Dragons »

Do we need Logos :P

I can see if I can work something up :)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#26 Post by Borealis »

Steel Dragons wrote:Do we need Logos :P

I can see if I can work something up :)
Definitely!!! We've plenty of talented folks here - I bet we can get something really awesome!!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Shinkansen

#27 Post by Shinkansen »

I'll start working on a list of guys who started in 2007 and put up decent numbers
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#28 Post by Nigel »

I don't know if anyone knows a quicker way of finding all the retirees but the way I've found is to go to each team's 'player tenure' page for 2007 in statslab. That shows all the players that played for that team in 2007 with graphical blocks running until the player retired.

What are we going to use as statistical minimums for consideration as a HOF candidate ? And how many years as a minimum for consideration as a 'PEBA pioneer' ?
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#29 Post by Leones »

Was mucking around in statsab and noticed there were two residents in the "Hall of Fame' :

Tony Carmona
Salvador Reyes

Did statslab make those picks on its own? I'm guessing it did. Also wanted to bounce this thread, we're due for a HOF :)
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#30 Post by Lions »

Leones wrote:Did statslab make those picks on its own?
Nope... they're there in the game. StatsLab only has voting for the HoF. It doesn't put players in.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030

Return to “HoF Discussion”