2024 PEBA Draft coming up THIS WEEKEND!

Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

2024 PEBA Draft coming up THIS WEEKEND!

#1 Post by Reg »

The 2024 PEBA Draft is fast approching!

Just a reminder that we will have the 2024 PEBA Draft LIVE in the PEBA Chat Room on Saturday, starting at 1pm Eastern Time!

SO.... don't forget to mark that down on your calendar, and get those draft lists ready! .... or, consult your team's scout for his endless wisdom ...or, hell, if you believe in Bill James, just fire 'em all and get out your calculator!

Either way, see you there! :grin:

Saturday will have Rounds 1-3, LIVE, with a 10 minute timer. If you are not in the chat room when your turn comes up, we will revert to your list for a pick .... or, * gasp * .... auto-pick otherwise.

Sunday (also at 1pm Eastern) will be Rounds 4-15, based on list/auto picks. If you are present in the chat room, you will be invited to make your own picks if you wish. Otherwise, it will be a fast-paced process.

If you have any questions or concerns, reply here, or feel free to PM the board!
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: 2024 PEBA Draft coming up THIS WEEKEND!

#2 Post by Leones »

Ready! And congrats Reg, on becoming the new PEBA Commisioner! :clap:
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Zach Scott
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

#3 Post by Zach Scott »

I'm trying to quickly put a list together because I just found out I am going to be traveling all weekend as of this afternoon. Would anyone mind helping with a question.... Is my scouting director more reliable than the OOTP scout or StatsLab? I am running into some major discrepancies.
Zack Scott
Amsterdam Lions

Post 18+
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Reg »

Lions wrote:I'm trying to quickly put a list together because I just found out I am going to be traveling all weekend as of this afternoon. Would anyone mind helping with a question.... Is my scouting director more reliable than the OOTP scout or StatsLab? I am running into some major discrepancies.
Personally, since your scouting director is very highly rated, I would tend to lean towards his ratings. Often times I use the generic (OSA) ratings more as a base line.

There is a "Fog of War" element in the game's scouting, so in the end, go with your gut feeling.
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Borealis »

The StatsLab Scout is well know to have some serious addictive behaviors, so don't listen to him... Most find OSA's to be only slightly better... Like Reg said - go with your guy, your gut, and your needs...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Leones »

Agree with the other two guys but especially the bit about go with your gut. Get guys you want on your team, guys you like, you'll remember them better and it will open up more writing possibilities.

edit: fixed some typos [need mroe caffeine]
Last edited by Leones on Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick Hildreth

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Borealis »

Leones wrote:Agree with the other two guys but especially the bit about go with your gut. Get guys you want on your team, guy you like, you'll remeber them better and it will open up more writing possibilities.
x1,000
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Leones »

Is there a draft or is it cold in here?

Who will Reno pick with the #1 pick? The suspense!

Interesting tidbit from Havana. After running through rating the players to draft SP Nick Shaw wasn't even on our radar. Whodathunk? I did add him at #595 on my list. Guessing he's going to go faster than that. :wink:
Patrick Hildreth

Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#9 Post by Dinosaurs »

Draft class seem a little more balanced than last season's between pitchers and hitters, though not a particularly deep draft.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#10 Post by Zephyrs »

Leones wrote:Is there a draft or is it cold in here?

Who will Reno pick with the #1 pick? The suspense!

Interesting tidbit from Havana. After running through rating the players to draft SP Nick Shaw wasn't even on our radar. Whodathunk? I did add him at #595 on my list. Guessing he's going to go faster than that. :wink:
I will tell you that I am waffling back and forth between Shaw and a different player. I am leaning towards the other guy so Shaw might be available at #2.

What continues to baffle me is when I "ask scouting director to make a list" he puts guys that he rates as terrible, very high on that list. Is he drinking too much? As an example, the #2 overall on his list is scouted by him as "His future looks very bleak" and the scout has him at 1 star potential. Then why the f@*& should I draft him in the first round dude? This is why I do like the others say and go with my gut. The guy I am leaning towards is listed 13th on the scout's draft list, has solid OSA ratings, very good stats and I generally like him as a player.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by Borealis »

From our spot, it's always best available at one of a few positions...

Btw - when can we expect StatsLab to reflect the actual draft positions - i.e. Traded picks et al?
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Denny »

Also, do we need to do a June 5 export before the draft?
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Borealis »

I'm sure, based on the mornings conversations, that it wasn't missed that Cobbledick was drafted by the Longshoremen...
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Borealis »

I just want to put out a Big Public Thanks to Reg and Dan for running a seamless draft this weekend!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now, we await our players demands...

I'm actually really excited about this years crop of new Borealii and to see how they fit in. Last years class (2023) have been a blazé group with no one really impressing, so the 2024 group will definitely get their chance to shine!!
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#15 Post by Dinosaurs »

[quote="Borealis"]I just want to put out a Big Public Thanks to Reg and Dan for running a seamless draft this weekend!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah I agree with this, thanks Reg and Dan for running it this season.

Pretty happy with the guys I got in the early rounds and some of the later ones as well.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”