Neat stuff sim thread PEBA 2024 Season 18

Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: Neat stuff sim thread PEBA 2024 Season 18

#301 Post by Alleghenies »

Evas wrote:Lots of interesting signings this last sim. But I think the best might have been WV's very reasonable 3/$18.5 deal with Hikaru Arai.

I had some interest in Arai too. He has a serviceable bat, a great glove at 2B and some defensive versatility too.

Yeah I had my eye on a few others, but they all went for way too much imo. I am going to have Arai play SS this year and allow Davis to stay in minors 1 more year and this puts Exley back as my backup utility guy.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#302 Post by Sandgnats »

Alleghenies wrote:
Evas wrote:Lots of interesting signings this last sim. But I think the best might have been WV's very reasonable 3/$18.5 deal with Hikaru Arai.

I had some interest in Arai too. He has a serviceable bat, a great glove at 2B and some defensive versatility too.

Yeah I had my eye on a few others, but they all went for way too much imo. I am going to have Arai play SS this year and allow Davis to stay in minors 1 more year and this puts Exley back as my backup utility guy.
Good move Gregory. Had my eye on him but decided to stay with my homegrown talent this year. Well done.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#303 Post by Duane »

We were done 'waiting' with Arai. He has had 1 good year with the bat (this last one), and is a very good defender but he demanded way too much for his production. Wanted 6yr 8m per average. We have kids that will give us at least the same level of offense for far less $. As always Ky watches the bottom line cuz our owner sux.
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#304 Post by Dinosaurs »

Have there been any posts about winter ball/cp spending, I may have missed any of this.

Fargo had one singing among the collective that went through this past sim, picking up 33 year old Matt Carter, who is a year removed from his 5.4 WAR season with Shin Seiki, though was injured most of last year.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#305 Post by Wind Dancers »

Managed to finally grab He ‘Firecracker’ Ling after chasing him the past few weeks. Should be a quality arm which I definitely needed in the pen. I had to watch my spending a bit with my younger guys getting bigger contracts over the next few seasons.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#306 Post by Alleghenies »

Harpoon wrote:Managed to finally grab He ‘Firecracker’ Ling after chasing him the past few weeks. Should be a quality arm which I definitely needed in the pen. I had to watch my spending a bit with my younger guys getting bigger contracts over the next few seasons.

I was trying to sign him for a while, but at 4 mil a year I gave up and then switched over to getting Arai instead.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#307 Post by Borealis »

Dinosaurs wrote:Have there been any posts about winter ball/cp spending, I may have missed any of this.
I'll bump this...

Morris, any progress on the CP totals? I'd think we should be getting those CP awards taken care of before Spring training...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#308 Post by Denny »

Borealis wrote:
Dinosaurs wrote:Have there been any posts about winter ball/cp spending, I may have missed any of this.
I'll bump this...

Morris, any progress on the CP totals? I'd think we should be getting those CP awards taken care of before Spring training...
Oh yes, this! I figured that they had come and gone for 2024, since usually the deadline was the Winter Meetings.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#309 Post by Reg »

An update will be coming in the next few days with the updated CP totals.
Things got a bit delayed this off-season, but things are finally catching up ;-D
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#310 Post by Alleghenies »

Trendsetters wrote:An update will be coming in the next few days with the updated CP totals.
Things got a bit delayed this off-season, but things are finally catching up ;-D
Now that it is caught up are we allowed to spend it and if so to whom shall we send our stuff to?
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#311 Post by Morris Ragland »

The 2024 spending thread is up.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#312 Post by Lions »

Saturday, February 8th, 2025
Kentucky Thoroughbreds: Signed free agent SS Ronald Lowry to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,000,000.
:cry:
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”