PEBA Trade Tally Update

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PEBA Trade Tally Update

#1 Post by Borealis »

PEBA Trades, Current-July 2012
PEBA Trades, June 2012-Earlier

It's not quite as fancy as what F'head Kevin put together for us, but I hope it's helpful for all. Having all the trades in one place - and not having to search the 'Processed Trades' forum, is huge. I'll try to comb the league file for in-game dates of trades (DONE!), but adding the 'who that draft pick became' is a bit beyond my stamina (a mediocre 6) - although I find that to be the most interesting thing.

Thanks to Kevin for all his excellent work in the past... I'll try to have 2013 up soon! 2013 Up!!!

EDIT:
2013 trades posted, less the current trades awaiting processing - I'll get those added once that happens, just in case...

Let me know if you see something I missed, and I'll add it. Included the two recent transfers, for posterities sake...
Last edited by Borealis on Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

Re: PEBA Trade Tally Update

#2 Post by Maulers »

This is fantastic, Mike! Thank you so much for updating the Trade Tally; it is really one of the great features of our league! ;-D
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

This is like a belated Christmas present! Michael, I can't thank you enough for doing this. You just made everyone's week. Bookmarked! ;-D 8) :clap:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by klewis »

Borealis wrote:PEBA 2013 Trades
PEBA 2012 Trades, July-December
PEBA Trades, June 2012-Earlier

It's not quite as fancy as what F'head Kevin put together for us, but I hope it's helpful for all. Having all the trades in one place - and not having to search the 'Processed Trades' forum, is huge. I'll try to comb the league file for in-game dates of trades (DONE!), but adding the 'who that draft pick became' is a bit beyond my stamina (a mediocre 6) - although I find that to be the most interesting thing.

Thanks to Kevin for all his excellent work in the past... I'll try to have 2013 up soon! 2013 Up!!!

EDIT:
2013 trades posted, less the current trades awaiting processing - I'll get those added once that happens, just in case...

Let me know if you see something I missed, and I'll add it. Included the two recent transfers, for posterities sake...
Hi Mike,

Thanks for all of your contribution from keeping up with the trade tally and recent PEBA articles! As for the original trade tally, that was Tyler's concoction. John, Dan and I helped contribute to it. So, I don't want to take all the credit for it.

I wish I could continue keeping up with it but it was hard to actively maintain since there was a lot of manual typing. Ha, I really dreaded the winter meetings due to the slew of trades that usually comes with it :P Glad to now see someone else take the reigns.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Tyler »

Naw, the original was all Kevin. I came up with the idea, played with it for awhile, and then abandoned it. He's the one who actually raised it. 8)
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Borealis »

The PEBA Trade Tally has been update and includes ALL deals from this years Winter Meetings!!! From here on, all LRS deals will be included... Should you notice any missing info or bad links, please give me a heads up...

As a side note, perhaps we can remove the PEBA Trade Rumor link from the Home Page 'Links' menu?
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by John »

Thank you, Michael! I love this resource! ;=D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Borealis »

John wrote:Thank you, Michael! I love this resource! ;=D
Thanks JR!!! I agree - I used it a lot over the years. I'd get the LRS on board, but they have something like (infinity)(# of PEBA trades) - those crazy GMs... Now if some one on that side wanted to get it compiled for posterities sake, I'd gladly get that included!!!
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Borealis »

The PEBA Trade Tally has been update and includes ALL deals this year Through the recently passed 2020 trade deadline!!!

If you have free time, check your deals to make sure I have everything right!!! Mucho Gracias from the Front Range (or the Golden Gate, depending on your Space-Time Continuum location)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by John »

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm going to spend the weekend checking this out. ;-D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#11 Post by Jason »

Why are all the links to the players jacked up?

I click someone and I get directed to someone completely different.
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

Forum: 200+
June 8, 2011-2020: 847-800 (Omaha Cyclones)
2021-June 5, 2023: 179-202 (Hartford Harpoon)
Warnke ERA: 1026-1002 (.506)
2015 SL Champions (OMA)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Borealis »

Cyclones wrote:Why are all the links to the players jacked up?

I know it's not all of them, but I do notice a number that seem to be bad around the in-game New Years date (and well beyond). I'm going to guess that it may be related to Matt's purging the league file of excess, leading to some number issues. I'll have to take a closer look - Thanks Jason!!
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#13 Post by Jason »

I notice it's most of them.

Same is true in some other areas of the website. If I see where I will let people know - I can't remember where I had that experience.

Thanks!
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

Forum: 200+
June 8, 2011-2020: 847-800 (Omaha Cyclones)
2021-June 5, 2023: 179-202 (Hartford Harpoon)
Warnke ERA: 1026-1002 (.506)
2015 SL Champions (OMA)
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Denny »

This was a consequence either of moving/merging teams and leagues, or the conversion to OOTP15--I forget which one--but it caused all the player id numbers to get switched around. I know Matt has mentioned exactly what happened a couple times before, but I don't remember the details....regardless, it means links to players from all the seasons prior to the renumbering are out of date.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Lions »

Codgers wrote:

This was a consequence either of moving/merging teams and leagues, or the conversion to OOTP15--I forget which one--but it caused all the player id numbers to get switched around. I know Matt has mentioned exactly what happened a couple times before, but I don't remember the details....regardless, it means links to players from all the seasons prior to the renumbering are out of date.
Matt ran the OOTP purge utility, which deletes unused team ID's and player ID's. It shrinks the league file size considerably, but causes renumbering of almost everything. Only the very lowest player ID's were unaffected.

There is a change log which I have a copy of if you want to go fix them.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”