All-Star Game update thread

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

All-Star Game update thread

#1 Post by John »

PEBA's 2008 All-Star Game will be beginning at around 8:30 PM. I'll be playing the game out here and will use this thread to bring you live updates from the game. The intention is to get the vast majority of the players into the game. Best of luck to all PEBA's All-Stars!

IL Starting Lineup
CF Jon Wood (WV)
2B Mark Richardson (FLA)
RF Vicente Bernal (GLO)
C Jeff Cline (NO)
LF Cal Edwards (NJ)
3B Michael Kelly (SA)
1B Alberto Benitez (SA)
DH Tsumemasa Morimoto (FLA)
SS John Deschamps (NO)

SL Starting Lineup
CF Yoshino Miyata (DUL)
SS Miguel Cortez (DUL)
RF Pat Lilly (BAK)
1B Narahiko Imada (OMA)
DH Andres Lopez (DUL)
LF Brooks Erickson (REN)
3B Ollie Morris (PS)
2B Roy Benthall (BAK)
C Pat Holman (DUL)

Pitching Match-up
Conan McCullough (NO) vs. Geoff James (KAL)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by John »

And we're off! Updates coming as warrented...

A crowd of 39,728 has gathered at Gnat Field to watch the game. There's rain in the forecast. Temperature is 72 degrees. Wind is blowing straight in from center at 9 MPH.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

After retiring the first 5 batters (4 via the K), McCullough gives up a double to Erickson and a single to Morris for a 1-0 SL lead.
Last edited by John on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Ghosts »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:After retiring the first 5 batters (4 via the K), McCullough gives up a double to Erickson and a single to Morris for a 1-0 SL lead.
well, at least we now know it's mathematically possible for morris to get a hit in a big game!

:-x

rim shot!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by John »

In the bottom of the inning, Cal Edwards leads off with a single and is promptly picked off 1st on a nice throw by C Pat Holman. That may prove costly, as Michael Kelly just followed up with a double. Runner at 2B with 1 out.

EDIT: James gets out of the inning with a grounder and a K... 1-0 SL heading to the 3rd.
Sandgnats (Bill)

#6 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

GO SL!!!!

We have Pat Lilly. He should be enough to win any game! :grin:

Sorry I didn't grab an All-Star ticket John. I had plans for tonight but those got cancelled when a tree (due to a wind storm) came down and smashed part of the deck! So, I have been on clean up detail today.

Oh yeah,

GO SOVEREIGN LEAGUE!!!!!!!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by John »

Hamilton Cole has entered the game for the IL in the 3rd and is extremely wild. He walks Yoshino Miyata, throws a 57' fastball for a wild pitch, and gives up an RBI double to Miguel Cortez. 2-0 SL, runner on 2nd, 1 out.

EDIT: Cole makes it out of the inning with no further damage done. Heading to the bottom of the 3rd. Floyd Jackson is now pitching for the SL.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by John »

What sloppy pitching by the IL! Luis Pena has come on to pitch in the 4th and, thanks in part to two wild pitches, he's given up a run. 3-0 SL.

EDIT: Oh, what a play by Richardson!! The 2B barehands a ball seemingly headed for the outfield by Ollie Morris and guns him down for out #2!
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Tyler »

So turns out I could make it after all. Plans were iffy, so I didn't want to claim a ticket.

Thanks, Cole. :-P

Wood it CF! W00t!
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Ghosts »

yeah, i'm around to....

a learned a very valuable lesson today: next time your girlfriend moves, makes sure you're out of the country.

the only thing worse than moving, is helping a friend move. and the only thing worse than helping a friend move, is helping a girlfriend move.

sigh.

anyhow, i'm on a brief timeout at the moment, which will hopefully last until the end of the game.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by John »

Bryan "Booker" Stewart gets into a jam in the 5th, hitting Jon Deschamps with a pitch and giving up a single to Jon Wood. Completely unfazed, he rebounds by striking out Mark "Ice Cold" Richardson and Vicente Bernal to end the inning. SL 3-0 heading to the 6th.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12 Post by John »

Uh oh... rain has started to fall with one out in the top of the 6th. Victor "Alibi" Matos has just come on to pitch. If a delay happens, he'll probably be replaced so as to avoid injury concerns.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Tyler »

At least the game doesn't make you sit at the computer waiting for the rain to stop. :grin:
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14 Post by John »

Well folks, the game has totally turned around in the bottom of the 6th. John "Pep" Roach comes in and can't get a single batter out. He's run from the game on a Jeff Cline walk, a Jeff "Cajun" Wilson single, a Michael Kelly RBI ground-rule double and a 2-RBI Alberto Benitez double. Merlin Peters has come on in relief. Game tied 3-3.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Tyler »

Huzzah!

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”