PEBA Independent League Changes

Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

PEBA Independent League Changes

#1 Post by Wind Dancers »

This has been posted on Slack so I am repeating it here:

Though we won't see an immediate effect this season, the board has made some changes to our Independent Leagues:

1. The WIL now has Revenue sharing to keep things a bit more balanced IF we someday need to expand again. This was on for EVERY league except the WIL so we are just bringing it up to speed.
2. The Dominican, Mexican, and Puerto Rican Leagues that have always been around have been tweaked to actually have a purpose.
- These leagues have had their service time fixed so that after 6 major league service years they can become free agents ANYWHERE.
- Each of these leagues have been bumped up to Independent Leagues (formerly WL and AAA leagues) similar to the WIL. Their league reputation is significantly smaller than the PEBA, but doing this will encourage their players to head to the PEBA if they are good enough.
- On average, these teams were losing about $60-$80mil each season because of broken financials created years ago. Each of these leagues have been brought back to reality financially and should operate like normal teams moving forward. These include possibly signing former PEBA players who just aren't good enough to play in the PEBA anymore but can still do a job back home.
3. And the change with the most immediate effect. Upon entering the PEBA from a non-PEBA league, players will have their major league service time automatically reset since we consider ourselves the top league in world baseball. This means signings from the WIL and other independent leagues won't be treated like they've played in the PEBA for years (unless they have).

Like I said, these won't have a huge effect on anything but I wanted you to all be in the loop for what's going on. Hopefully, we see some of that international talent take their shot at joining the PEBA.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Fishermen
Double-A
Double-A

Re: PEBA Independent League Changes

#2 Post by Fishermen »

I really like all these changes. For starter, having players from PEBA playing there are fun for stories. It would be interesting to follow some of the former players' stories when they go to the lesser leagues.

The potentially increased amount of international free agent is obviously the thing everyone (I bet?) would be happy about.

I think it increases immersion and also provide actual purposes to the teams. Good overall implementation.
Andy (Sim, Chaan-Shu)
GM Gloucester Fishermen
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

Re: PEBA Independent League Changes

#3 Post by Sandgnats »

Thank you for your attention to detail Dylan!
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”