2029 Schedule and Prep

Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

2029 Schedule and Prep

#1 Post by Wind Dancers »

Hello everyone, it's that time of the year where the GM's of the league meet in the Asheville Hotel Ballroom in North Carolina for the PEBA Draft. This season the skies are much clearer compared to last season when Hurricane John forced us into the basement to weather the storm without power.

I just wanted to go over the draft itself, the schedule, and what is different this season.

1. When and Where?
Saturday, August 3, 1pm-4pm EST (Rounds 1-3)
Sunday, August 4, 1pm-4pm EST (Round 4-15 PLUS MAN/CST post-draft picks)
Slack "Draft" channel

As usual, we will be drafting this Saturday/Sunday from 1pm-4pm both days. We will knock out those important first 3 rounds on Saturday then do the rest on Sunday. After 15 rounds are done, Manchester and Charleston will be drafting by themselves for some additional rounds to help fill their minors post-expansion. If you cannot attend either or both of these days, please set up a list in StatsLab so we can pick for you!

2. Slack
Slack has been a major boost to general communication in this league as well as handling live events. Our draft will take place in the "draft" channel of our PEBA slack which each of you has been added to. Thanks to Frank, we also have an automated system set up to announce picks as they are made in that channel. This makes finding drafted players a lot easier instead of having to dig through identical text. It also gives up the option to tag users when they are on the clock so they can take their pick. If you are not going to attend, I recommend muting notifications to avoid getting blown up with them (In slack, click the gear at the top and click notification preferences.)

3. StatsLab
As usual, the picks themselves will be made in StatsLab. You can enter your "Team Waroom" in the draft menu and create your priority list of players. When you are on the clock, an option will appear when you click a listed player to draft that player. Selecting "Auto Draft from List" will automatically pick your top listed player for you when it is your turn to pick. This is a great tool if you are not around to make the pick yourself. As usual, if you would rather the board (Mike & Myself will 100% be around) we can always pick from your list for you. While we do not enforce a HARD pick timer, please try to make your selections within 5 minutes of being on the clock. This means if you see you are going to be picking soon, ensure you have your list populated and are ready to go.

I look forward to talking to everyone this weekend and having a great time. We all know how rowdy things get when the nurses let Bob join the chat...
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: 2029 Schedule and Prep

#2 Post by Borealis »

Following up on Dylan's coattails here - some reminders:

1. When and Where?
Saturday, August 3, 1pm-4pm EST (Rounds 1-3)
Sunday, August 4, 1pm-4pm EST (Round 4-15 PLUS MAN/CST post-draft picks)
Slack "Draft" channel

This draft will take longer than usual, I would suspect, what with the addition of two teams, and the additional picks/rounds on Sunday. If by chance, that we move more quickly on Saturday, I would like to squeeze in an extra round. So if you know your pick, please be more expedient. History suggests that Round 1 will take at least an hour... If we can be more efficient, we will all benefit.

2. Slack
We will have our conversations, and StatsLab will broadcast to, the Slack Draft Channel. The nice thing with this, those who are drafting 'live' and are mobile should get much more rapid notification. I hope that will expedite the process. As we did with the Winter Meetings, please refrain from the direct reply feature so we can keep the linear conversation. You, of course, are free to have private conversations as always.

3. StatsLab
The Draft list in StatsLab and in-game should both be the same and accurate. With the massive amount of picks exchanging hands, please preview the list and make sure it is what you expect. If you believe there is an error, please alert us before Saturday morning. Also note that there is no more trading of 2029 draft picks - the list is official and final.

Please get a draft list into StatsLab, if you are going to be absent - or even if you aren't. If you are having difficulties, let me, Dylan, or Frank (Thanks Frank!) know so we can help you move forward.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”