New Canton GM

Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

New Canton GM

#1 Post by Hitmen »

Well well well, here we go again :D

For those that didn't see me post in the "New members: Introduce yourself in this thread" posting, my name is Michael and I am the former GM of the New Jersey Hitmen. I am back after a 3 year retreat (honestly the delays at that time had me down and life took over), and am looking to get right back into the swing of things. A lot has changed for me in 3 years; moved a couple times, got married, work has changed, but still in the good ol' Chicago.

I don't have much of a presence at all on the OOTP forums, but I have lurked the PEBA forums throughout the past 3 years. I still constantly build my own baseball universes in PEBA and play them, but solo leagues aren't that difficult or exciting as I end up bouncing around to all the bad teams after a couple championships and rebuilding them all. So you could say, rebuilding is my passion ;-D Unfortunately I never got to see New Jersey get over the final hump and win it but had a nice 5 year run.

I need to see about getting back into the swing of things with the logo art as well as I used to be pretty big into that. I see we still use the PEBA logos I created and I see some of the team logos I created still in use :)

I am looking forward to getting up to speed on Canton, and for once joining the shit lea... er SL :twisted: and getting to know all the new faces. Play ball!
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
DrewV
Triple-A
Triple-A

Re: New Canton GM

#2 Post by DrewV »

Hi, Mike!

Sad to see James go, but glad you were able to find a franchise. It's awesome to see some of the longtime players coming back to the league--living history!

Welcome to the Great Lakes and being 6-15 games ahead of Duluth at all times.
Drew Visscher (GM Ricky McCoy) | Duluth Warriors
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Arroyos »

Welcome back, Michael!
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

The circle is now complete! Welcome back to the fold, Michael! ;-D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Borealis »

John wrote:The circle is now complete! Welcome back to the fold, Michael! ;-D
Indeed it has - despite what the sidebar says, I'm pretty certain Mike and I joined the same day way back in the 'Ought9' and it's great to have him back in the fold, this time in the Superior League!!

For closures sake, James had to make the difficult decision - his law practice (which was booming) or PEBA, and finding the time to get himself up to date was near impossible - much less the mundane things. As is always the case, we do hope he returns one day!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#6 Post by KenH »

Excellent! Another Mike to keep track of! Haha just kidding. Welcome back, sir!
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by John »

Borealis wrote:For closures sake, James had to make the difficult decision - his law practice (which was booming) or PEBA, and finding the time to get himself up to date was near impossible - much less the mundane things. As is always the case, we do hope he returns one day!
It's times like this I wish we had a "goodbye" thread for departing members. James has been such an integral part of this league for so long. I'm thrilled by his professional success. At the same time, I hope he won't be a stranger in these parts. I'm going to miss him.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#8 Post by Akira »

Welcome back, Micheal!
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Reg »

Welcome back! ;-D
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Denny »

John wrote:
Borealis wrote:For closures sake, James had to make the difficult decision - his law practice (which was booming) or PEBA, and finding the time to get himself up to date was near impossible - much less the mundane things. As is always the case, we do hope he returns one day!
It's times like this I wish we had a "goodbye" thread for departing members. James has been such an integral part of this league for so long. I'm thrilled by his professional success. At the same time, I hope he won't be a stranger in these parts. I'm going to miss him.
This is something I've always wanted too, particularly for people who have been here for years....it's always been disorienting to have someone (from a fellow GM's perspective) suddenly vanish without any idea of what happened, much less a goodbye.

On the flip side, great to have Mike back with us! Welcome! I always enjoyed our interactions when you were running New Jersey. Here's hoping you can build up Canton to be an SL powerhouse!
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#11 Post by Maulers »

Yay, Mike! It’s so awesome to have you back! I think that we were gone and came back at pretty much the exact same times. This time, though, you won’t have the Maulers to kick around anymore (at least not during the regular season)!
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Hitmen »

Codgers wrote:It's times like this I wish we had a "goodbye" thread for departing members. James has been such an integral part of this league for so long. I'm thrilled by his professional success. At the same time, I hope he won't be a stranger in these parts. I'm going to miss him.
This is something I've always wanted too, particularly for people who have been here for years....it's always been disorienting to have someone (from a fellow GM's perspective) suddenly vanish without any idea of what happened, much less a goodbye.

On the flip side, great to have Mike back with us! Welcome! I always enjoyed our interactions when you were running New Jersey. Here's hoping you can build up Canton to be an SL powerhouse![/quote]

I agree Denny, lots of conversations with the management at that time, but didn’t really get to say goodbye to anyone else at the time. Frustrations were running high at that time and I caved though, that’s the bigger part of it.
Maulers wrote:Yay, Mike! It’s so awesome to have you back! I think that we were gone and came back at pretty much the exact same times. This time, though, you won’t have the Maulers to kick around anymore (at least not during the regular season)!
Good to see you back as well Jeff! It will definitely be odd not being in the IL any longer. Willl take some getting used to. I definitely spent all of last night getting caught back up on the Hitmen and my old players I was watching to see how their careers ended up. Happy we are back!
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Lions »

Sad to see James go. Was just wondering/worrying about his quietness lately. Glad to hear it’s because things are going well outside of PEBA.

As for Mike back in my division again... sigh... let’s just say welcome back. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#14 Post by Dinosaurs »

Welcome back Mike!
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”