Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2029, Season 23

Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2029, Season 23

#106 Post by Hitmen »

A great rebound for Canton after the previous sims 5-2 week, dropping back down to earth with a 1-5 sim. The scrap heap that is free agency doesn’t have much of anyone to pursue to fill spots during my cleansing of anyone with a shred of talent. Love to see it as it means everyone is being aggressive! Just makes my job a bit more difficult. This is definitely what I have been missing :)

Only one really suffering right now is Roberto 'Dracula' Salazar. Anyone need a young, controlled, stud leadoff man who will swipe 60+ a year? Currently entertaining outlandish offers :grin:
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Fishermen
Double-A
Double-A

#107 Post by Fishermen »

Bulldozers wrote:
Harpoon wrote:Please mail a dozen COLORADO RIVER WATER with alcohol to Hartford. :angry-cussingblack:
On its way. Please send a fifth round draft choice to Yuma.
Sorry can't do, I need my lone fifth round draft pick so I can attend the draft, pretend to be happy and clap my hands while I watch others draft and have fun. Also, river water for a fifth round pick is a robbery, unless there are something magical in it. :-?
Andy (Sim, Chaan-Shu)
GM Gloucester Fishermen
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#108 Post by Arroyos »

Harpoon wrote:Also, river water for a fifth round pick is a robbery, unless there are something magical in it. :-?
Oh, there are.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Fishermen
Double-A
Double-A

#109 Post by Fishermen »

After this sim, I am very tempted by your magical water.
Andy (Sim, Chaan-Shu)
GM Gloucester Fishermen
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#110 Post by Borealis »

Better week for the Borealis - 4-2, with a 1-0 tough loss to the Longshoremen in game 3 of our series... It's amazing what reducing the walks (just 15 in 6 games) and homers (only 1) will do for the bottom line... Mike Britt, just back from the DL, 7-15 on the week, with 3-2B, collides on the bases with a Dirty Codger and will miss 3 weeks with back pain... Rob Imhoff off the DL (again) and managed to make it through his first start with 5.2 IP of 2-hit ball, no runs, 2 K and a BB... Nieves was the star of the week, coming within 1-out (not sure why) of a complete game 4-hitter, with just a run... Rule 5 guy Roy Duke had a 3-12 week, with 3 BB and 3 SB and looks to be settling in with consistent playing time: hitting .241 in 108 AB, 5-2B, 3B, HR 10 SB... With the Pope trade, Ricardo Zamora has entered the fold again - for now at DH so he can focus on hitting an though he had some moments, his 4-21 with 7 K offset the 2B, 3B and a pair of RBIs... The Stewart Arundale watch seems to be on hold, with a 5-20 weeks with a 2B and 3B... Home to face Canton on The Front Range to end May and open June on The Lake...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#111 Post by Arroyos »

Harpoon wrote:After this sim, I am very tempted by your magical water.
Unto temptation thou shalt submit. Be comforted beside the waters of Babylon. Drink heartily from the river of many colors.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#112 Post by Leones »

Borealis wrote:...collides on the bases with a Dirty Codger ...
Salmon slapdown imminent! !+)
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#113 Post by Borealis »

Leones wrote:
We'll let Imhoff lay one off Dias' dome - he'll tear a labrum on the pitch and he can serve his suspension on the DL...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#114 Post by Zephyrs »

Rowan 'Bleeder' Stuart has had a great start to the season. I don't know if his power surge (561 SLG) will last but he appears to be a legit threat at the plate.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#115 Post by Lions »

There hasn't been a lot of neat lately in Kalamazoo. Most of the neat comes down in the minors, where we have a prospect or two that we're reasonably enthusiastic about. After an awful start to the season, we played over .500 from April 20 to May 20. Hey, anyone can get lucky for a few weeks. We've only won 3 games since then, which is the worst record in PEBA in that time frame.

One player who's picked it up after a slow start is 1B Ron Myers. During this recent 3-10 stretch, he's actually posted a .340 average with 4 home runs for a .937 OPS. That's all with the bat, too... he hasn't drawn a single walk, so despite his .340 average, his OBP is .333.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#116 Post by Denny »

Borealis wrote:
Leones wrote:
We'll let Imhoff lay one off Dias' dome - he'll tear a labrum on the pitch and he can serve his suspension on the DL...
8-o See? SEE how chippy those Borealis are!? Britt had it coming, if you ask me. :angelic-green:
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#117 Post by Lions »

I don't think anyone has mentioned it anywhere, but Alfredo Aranda recorded his 400th save this week. He locked down Kentucky's 8-6 win over Florida to become the first PEBA player to reach that milestone. He's been a lifelong Thoroughbred after the team's scouts found him in Puerto Rico when he was 19 years old.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#118 Post by Arroyos »

Badgers wrote:I don't think anyone has mentioned it anywhere, but Alfredo Aranda recorded his 400th save this week. He locked down Kentucky's 8-6 win over Florida to become the first PEBA player to reach that milestone. He's been a lifelong Thoroughbred after the team's scouts found him in Puerto Rico when he was 19 years old.
Now there's an extraordinary statistic! 400 saves, and not a single life to show for them. How weird is baseball.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#119 Post by Borealis »

Aurora takes 2 of 3 from Duluth to close out Draft week, but the big news is 'Tugboat' is Back!! After two rehab starts, it was determined that a schedule of Toyama-SS-Toyama-SS that allows Smith to face Toyama twice before facing the Big Boys of the Evil Evas made sense... solidifying the rotation might just make a difference...
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#120 Post by Borealis »

A 6-game win streak, with the week ending with a pair of loses, moves the Borealis back into 2nd place and just 1/2 game out of the wild card... A touch of the Neat and Not So...

- 'Tugboat' made his return to The Front Range (ok, Thornton is there, too). After being out for nearly 2-months and a pair of rehab starts, Randy Smith threw 7-innings, giving up 4 H, 1 R, struck out 5 and walked none in a 3-1 win v. Toyama. The Auroran Ace will have another start coming up this week v. the Win-D's, then in the month's last month against the Evil Evas...
- 18-year old, 14th round pick Lawrence 'Science' Hall made his pro debut against the Scottish's newly minted Mahi-Mahi on the Valley Isle and tossed a no-no, walking 4 and striking out 3, as the Oceanic won 1-0. Phil Lewis, a 7th round pick, tripled in the first and scored the games only run...
- All of Aurora's picks are signed and in camp, save 54th overall high schooler SP Carl Huntsman, who wants $2.2M and 11th rounder Tom Mulder, who wants $3M - Aurora had a $4M draft budget...
- Top pick, David Simmons wasn't so hot, with a 2-13 week...
- Mike Britt will be making his return from the DL, with Roy Duke hitting the DL with a little bit of tendonitis of the wrist. Here's hoping 'Big Whiskey' can step right in and make the difference...
- 'Litterbug', Stewart Arundale, seems to have hit the wall at AAA after shining his way up the food chain - he's hitting under .240 and the Organization is debating his status...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”