Migration to OOTP 20

Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Migration to OOTP 20

#1 Post by Wind Dancers »

With our league migration to OOTP 20 coming this weekend, I wanted to do a little “run-down” of the process and what to expect. The jump from 19 to 20 should be less drastic than the change from 18 to 19.

Migration Day
The migration will be happening on Friday, June 7th immediately after the Friday sim. Exports will be taken as usual for Friday, but post-sim NO MORE 19 exports will be taken as the transfer will be happening.

What can I do to prepare?
The best part about migration is that you can import to 20 at any time (I’ve already moved the league over on my computer). So if you want to get a head start and make sure the import works, feel free to do it early. Just be aware, no file will be available to download in v20 until Mike uploads the updated file. Here are the steps you must take to import into v20:

1. Load up OOTP 20

2. On the main screen, click the “Import OOTP 19 Game”

3. It will now ask you to select a World.dat file. Use this menu to navigate to your OOTP 19 saved games folder, select PEBA, and select the world.dat file in that folder. https://i.gyazo.com/c6e852cdf9ff373e4cd0182eb8f36cd5.png

4. Confirm and select "No" when it asks you if you want to game to automatically find images for you. And the import should now begin! It may take a bit of time to import because our file is so large, so plan accordingly.

5. Once you are in v20, AND MIKE HAS UPLOADED THE v20 FILE, you can download the latest league file as you would after any other sim.

And that’s it. The transfer should go smoothly, though if there are any problems, completely delete the v20 PEBA file and try importing again.

What should I expect?
For those of you who haven’t been around for a version transfer or haven’t tried OOTP 20 yet, there are some things to point out.

1. OOTP formulas change every version. In our case, you may see your scout’s rating for player move up or down slightly. This is due to the fact that tweaks were made in 20 that change how scout's view players. It’s nothing significant, but there may be a few changes. I can CONFIRM, that while your scout’s opinions may change slightly, the player’s internal ratings DO NOT change.

2. New Features. As in any new version, OOTP 20 has a few interesting, and useful, features that we have not seen before.
- Openers/Followers. Two new pitching roles this season are openers and followers. These roles can be given to pitchers allowing relievers to “open” games and “follow” whoever opened. These roles are restricted by one new Personality feature...
- Adaptability. This rating has always been around as a hidden attribute within a player’s personality. In v20, it now appears as a regular personality trait like Work Ethic, Greed, and Leadership. It simply shows the player’s ability to react to a changing environment like changing teams. A player with low adaptability will NOT be able to use the Opener/Followers roles.
- Various strategy options have been added as well as some additional displays including showing all players tendencies on the player screen (Flyball, Groundball, Pitching Style, etc)

And that should do it. You should be in OOTP 20 and the league should continue as usual. If you run into any issues or have any questions, feel free to ask!
Last edited by Wind Dancers on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Migration to OOTP 20

#2 Post by Lions »

I have OOTP 20.4 Build 40. I assume that this latest patch will work.

Please note, if you have a smaller screen and you don't see the Import OOTP19 Game option, there should be an option at the bottom labeled "+ SHOW MORE MODES". Click that and you'll see it.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Borealis »

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I do plan on updating to the latest version before doing the grunt work.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Fishermen
Double-A
Double-A

#4 Post by Fishermen »

Very helpful post to a newcomer like me. If there's no issue with updating after the last 19 sim before migration, I prefer that too.
Andy (Sim, Chaan-Shu)
GM Gloucester Fishermen
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#5 Post by Vic »

I transferred this morning - everything seems good!
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Borealis »

Just an FYI - I don't know if everyone's experience will be the same, but my test run yesterday took 45"...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
DrewV
Triple-A
Triple-A

#7 Post by DrewV »

Yeah about the same Mike--but all looks well now!
Drew Visscher (GM Ricky McCoy) | Duluth Warriors
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Lions »

I left mine running while I went off to work, so I have no idea how long it took. Everything looks fine, though.

Will there be a new, full OOTP20 league file for folks in case anything goes wrong?
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Borealis »

Yes, we will get a full(ish) file up at some point - I'll let Dylan speak to timing on that one.

There will also be new, trimmed down, logo, jersey and cap files.
DrewV
Triple-A
Triple-A

#10 Post by DrewV »

I'm not sure the usefulness at the GM level but I think the spray charts are just nifty
Drew Visscher (GM Ricky McCoy) | Duluth Warriors
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#11 Post by Vic »

Do we need to do anything to enable openers/followers in 20? I don’t see the option as a pitcher role currently (I assume PEBA will be allowing them?)
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#12 Post by Wind Dancers »

It's a setting Mike will need to turn on to allow those roles. Once he does that, the roles will appear as options.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#13 Post by Vic »

Thanks, Dylan!
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Arroyos »

All went smoothly until the very end of uploading the latest league file. Then I got a series of error messages from the game indicating that my version was incompatible. But I just followed the instructions and after several such messages, I arrived on Jan 27, 2029. So I have no idea what all the error stuff was about.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

#15 Post by Board of the PEBA »

Were you able to import todays sim, Bob? Same old way - File>Online League>Download Latest League File? The in-game date should be 2/3/2029...
Current PEBA Board Members
Mike Topham (Borealis) - Commissioner
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Dylan Krupilis (Wind Dancers)
Reg LeBlanc (Trendsetters)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”