Migration to OOTP 20

Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Migration to OOTP 20

#16 Post by Arroyos »

Board of the PEBA wrote:Were you able to import todays sim, Bob? Same old way - File>Online League>Download Latest League File? The in-game date should be 2/3/2029...
Apparently not, since my game says the date is Jan 27. But when I select "Download Latest League File" I get the message "There is no updated league file on the server."

Weird, huh?
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#17 Post by Borealis »

Well... that's weird! You are working in v20 now, right? Take a look in the PEBA.lg>settings folder, and see if there is a file called 'online_league_file_time.cfg' - if there is one, delete it and try downloading again...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Arroyos »

Borealis wrote:Well... that's weird! You are working in v20 now, right? Take a look in the PEBA.lg>settings folder, and see if there is a file called 'online_league_file_time.cfg' - if there is one, delete it and try downloading again...
I don't have a PEBA.lg folder, but I do have a settings folder inside a folder labeled OOTP 20. And, yes, inside that settings folder there is the file you listed.

I remember having to name the game at one point during the migration, and I think I chose OOTP 20. Is that the point I should have chosen PEBA.lg?
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#19 Post by Arroyos »

In OOTP 20, I'm running version 20.0, build 29. Does that make a difference?
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#20 Post by Borealis »

So we are Migrated! I hope that everyone makes the transition smoothly. Should you have difficulties, please post here or reach out to us on Slack and we can work with you to resolve the issues. History suggests that there will be some issues.

Here's what I need from each GM for us to move forward:

1. Make the transition to v20 and download the new file, in-game date 2/3/2029.

2. Send a quick export and ping me on Slack that you've exported. When I can, I will confirm.

3. Once you have confirmation that your exports are taking, do what you need to do to your team, and export again. Post here in this thread, please that your export is final and you are ready to move forward.

4. Our scheduled next sim is Wednesday, but ifI have a full house ready to move ahead by Monday, we will keep moving. I will not move ahead without a full house of exports - so please post accordingly.

5. At the head of the Main forum page, I have posted links to new Logo, Jersey, Caps, and League Logo files. I've trimmed the fat - and the new artwork for our new minor league additions, amongst others, can be found there. If you need assistance, feel free to ask.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#21 Post by Borealis »

Bulldozers wrote:
Borealis wrote:Well... that's weird! You are working in v20 now, right? Take a look in the PEBA.lg>settings folder, and see if there is a file called 'online_league_file_time.cfg' - if there is one, delete it and try downloading again...
I don't have a PEBA.lg folder, but I do have a settings folder inside a folder labeled OOTP 20. And, yes, inside that settings folder there is the file you listed.

I remember having to name the game at one point during the migration, and I think I chose OOTP 20. Is that the point I should have chosen PEBA.lg?
I think this is your problem, Bob - You should have named it PEBA. So I'm guessing you have the PEBA folder named OOTP 20.

The key folder is located in you Users>'short name of you account'>Library>Application Support>Out of the Park...>OOTP 20>saved games. If you see in the saved games a folder called OOTP 20.lg - that's what you did. Quit the game and rename that folder to PEBA.lg and restart the game. You should see PEBA to load on the start-up screen. Try downloading then.
Bulldozers wrote:In OOTP 20, I'm running version 20.0, build 29. Does that make a difference?
I'm running the most current version, 20.4.40 - I downloaded it from the OOTP site yesterday.
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#22 Post by Arroyos »

Borealis wrote:
Bulldozers wrote:

I think this is your problem, Bob - You should have named it PEBA. So I'm guessing you have the PEBA folder named OOTP 20.

The key folder is located in you Users>'short name of you account'>Library>Application Support>Out of the Park...>OOTP 20>saved games. If you see in the saved games a folder called OOTP 20.lg - that's what you did. Quit the game and rename that folder to PEBA.lg and restart the game. You should see PEBA to load on the start-up screen. Try downloading then.
Bulldozers wrote:In OOTP 20, I'm running version 20.0, build 29. Does that make a difference?
I'm running the most current version, 20.4.40 - I downloaded it from the OOTP site yesterday.
You are right. Instead of a PEBA.lg folder, I have an OOTP 20 folder. I have renamed it and am relaunching the game.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#23 Post by Arroyos »

And no change. Once again when trying to download the latest league file, I got a message saying there is no updated league file.

So, I'm hoping this is a result of not having updated to the latest version. I will update in the morning (it takes too long to do it tonight) and let you know if I can download the latest league file.

Thanks for helping me at this late hour, Mike.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#24 Post by Borealis »

So now look in that settings folder in the PEBA.lg folder - I doubt that time file is in there, but take a peak, nonetheless. Otherwise, I'd thing it's a version issue - which is good to know!
DrewV
Triple-A
Triple-A

#25 Post by DrewV »

Bob, I'm in a similar boat. I need to download and install the latest version before the file will take
Drew Visscher (GM Ricky McCoy) | Duluth Warriors
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#26 Post by Arroyos »

I need more help. I updated my OOTP 20 game to version 20.4.40, and then opened the game and tried to download the latest league file, only to get the same damn message: no updated league file available.

So I tried the trick Mike suggested late last night, removing this file from the settings folder: 'online_league_file_time.cfg'

It did the trick! I have made it to OOTP 20 and have exported! Whew. Thanks for all the help.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Underground
Double-A
Double-A

#27 Post by Underground »

I am having a different issue. I was able to convert just fine and the league is up and running in OOTP20 on 02/03/2029. However, when I try to download the latest league file my game hangs at 0%, eventually goes to Not Responding, and will sit like that for as long as I let it, which is generally 20-25 minutes.

I have tried using active, passive, and default FTP modes, none of which have acted any differently from the others. A little googling suggests this is a connection issue, but I'm not sure why that would be the case. The accounts file verifies and my internet is clearly working.

Unfortunately I am not home, otherwise I could test on my primary desktop machine. For now I'm stuck on just my laptop, but to be clear both machines worked fine for PEBA prior to today.
Evan Seary
London Underground
DrewV
Triple-A
Triple-A

#28 Post by DrewV »

Hmmm...are you using a VPN?
Drew Visscher (GM Ricky McCoy) | Duluth Warriors
Underground
Double-A
Double-A

#29 Post by Underground »

Nope. And I doubled checked to make sure my firewall settings for Ootp20 match those of 19.
Evan Seary
London Underground
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#30 Post by Borealis »

Bulldozers wrote:So I tried the trick Mike suggested late last night, removing this file from the settings folder: 'online_league_file_time.cfg'

It did the trick! I have made it to OOTP 20 and have exported! Whew. Thanks for all the help.
I'm glad that worked Bob! That's an Old Trick for when a new file gets mucked up on download. That file tells the game you've already downloaded, so delete the file and - PRESTO! I'm not sure why you were getting this...

I have a question Bob - did you up date last night's file in v19, BEFORE you converted to v20? That would explain why you had that file when there's no reason for your having it in the opening file...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”