2029 Schedule

Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

2029 Schedule

#1 Post by Board of the PEBA »

PEBA_2029v2.png
Here is our preliminary schedule for the 2029 Regular Season! This schedule begins with Friday, June 21'st opening Spring Training sim, and will take us to the end of the Regular Season. The schedule takes us through many significant events, which I have tried to highlight with the colorful schedule. There are a number of specific dates to note:

Fri. June 21 - Spring Training begins. Rosters will expand and anyone on the 40-man roster will be auto added to the active roster. You may also invite minor leaguers for a look-see.

Wed. June 26 - Spring Training Sim 3 revels the upcoming Draft Pool.

Fri. June 28 - The end of Spring Training. Your exports out of this file will require you to have your 26-man roster - and your AAA and AA rosters, set for the opening of those seasons. This will be the first mandatory export of the 2029 season. It will also be the first one where Roster Diligence penalties will be accessed - Set those rosters, clear those DFA's.

Mon. July 1 -Opening Day. WHOO HOOO!!!

Thurs. July 25 - All-Star Voting will begin in StatsLab.

Thurs. August 1 - The 2029 Amateur Draft Arrives.

Sat/Sun. August 3/4 - The Live 2029 Amateur Draft in StatsLab. As is PEBA tradition, the live draft will begin Saturday, August 3 at 10 am PT, 1 pm ET in (likely) a dedicated Slack, with draft lists and selections through StatsLab. Saturday will see rounds 1-3 conducted, with rounds 4-15 (for most teams) and 16-25 for Manchester and Charleston. Because of the additional selections for the expansion teams, expect Sunday to run longer. Should we move quickly on Saturday, maybe we add round 4 - TBD.

Mon. August 19 - International Free Agent signing period begins.

Thurs. August 22 - The All-Star Game arrives during this sim and the plan will be for it to be broadcast live in the forums. This years game will be hosted by our defending champion Fargo Dinosaurs.

Thurs. August 29 - Trade Deadline arrives.

Mon. September 16 - Roster Expansion and minor league playoffs begin.

Mon. September 30 - Regular Season comes to a close.

Thurs. October 3 - Playoffs Begin. We will speed sim the post-season as we did this past season - when teams are ready, with no more than one sim a day, with at minimum a M-W-F sim schedule.

There you have it - I hope I have been thorough enough and haven't missed anything. Should something not add up, I've missed something, or you simply have a question - please speak up! I hope I've got it right...

Play Ball!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current PEBA Board Members
Mike Topham (Borealis) - Commissioner
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Dylan Krupilis (Wind Dancers)
Reg LeBlanc (Trendsetters)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: 2029 Schedule

#2 Post by Borealis »

2028-29 Schedule v1.png
Here is our preliminary schedule for the 2028-2029 Offseason. This schedule begins with Monday, May 6th's sim, and will take us to Spring Training. The schedule takes us through many significant events, which I have tried to highlight with the colorful schedule. There are a number of specific deadlines to note:

Mon. May 6 - First offseason sim. Revenue Sharing has been already delivered. It is time to set ticket prices, Scouting and Development Budgets. Your last chance to set these will be your export for Sim 9 - before May 24. Once the Winter Meetings come, your ticket prices are frozen until the Season begins.

Wed. May 8 - Performance Loyalty & Market Adjustments. This PEBA tradition is being examined for revival. As far as can be determined, this was last performed after 2025. A further description will be coming.

Mon. May 13 - Salary Arbitration. Your arbitration offers to players must be submitted before this sim. This also includes those players you wish not to make offers to (who will become a free agent) and make Qualifying Offers to your players who will leave for Free Agency (and thus net you a Supplemental Pick in the next draft, should they sign). Any Qualifying Offer also needs to be made before this sim. Free Agents will declare on 11/29/2028, the last in-game day of the sim. Also during this sim, Manchester and Charleston will be moved from the WIL, into the PEBA, along with their minor league clubs added into the various levels.

Sat. May 25 - Winter Meetings. After polling and examining peoples thoughts, it was decided the 25th, as originally planned, was best. We will create a new Slack Channel to hold our discussions in - the platform will also provide the convenience of private discussions channels for trade talks. Perhaps this venue will give individuals who cannot attend for the full time commitment, the chance to check in - and negotiate on the fly. More details to come. Please note that CP accumulation will end at this time - and spending your CP on Rewards can begin - with the deadline to get your selections to the Commish of June, 7 - the last v19 sim. Start planning ahead - feel free to submit them early if you know what you want - but no changes will occur until after the Winter Meetings. An updated (but not final) CP Tracker will hopefully be posted soon.

Thurs. May 30 - The Rule 5 Draft will occur this day. The last chance to place a player who is Rule 5 eligible (# next to their name on the Transactions screen) onto the 40-man roster is exports for Sim 11 (Tues. May 28). Players who are rostered during the Sim 11 cycle will be released. The Rule 5 Draft occurs in-game so you will need to build a list of players on the Draft List screen by May 30 (the right of May 28 and the 29th is your best bet). You will only be allowed to draft as many players as are spots on your 40-man roster, so if you have 40 players, there is no need to make a list.

Fri. June 7 - Our last v19 sim will occur on this day. You will export for this sim as usual, the sim will be run, but there will be no exports necessary from that file. I will then work on the conversion into v20 - which may very well happen easily (v19 was a breeze). You will import our League file into v20 locally, and then when the file is ready, you will import as usual. I believe that's what we did. More to come about this. Every GM will be required to export once they have the v20 League file up and running, so we can troubleshoot issues. Ample time will be given to get things moving.

Wed. June 19 - Spring Training Arrives. You will want to set your spring roster according to your needs - the first set of games will happen in the following sim on June 21.

There you have it - I hope I have been thorough enough and haven't missed anything. Should something not add up, I've missed something, or you simply have a question - please speak up - I've tweaked this 4 times already, so I hope I've got it right...

Crank Up the Hot Stove!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: 2029 Schedule

#3 Post by Borealis »

I have updated the schedule for the reminder of the season (see the top of the thread), and I'll note some timing issues.

1) Because we stopped on a Saturday to accommodate All-Star voting, we are a game short of our normal week-a-sim schedule. So we will sim the extra day this Thursday, the All-Star sim, to get us back on track - this keeps us from adding an extra sim into the schedule. The key thing to that - DO NOT use 7-day Line-ups for this coming sim. I have found in the past that using 7-day line-ups for a sim longer than 7-days can mess up your pitching. Now, that's antidotal evidence, from older versions, so if folks know otherwise, please speak up! But I feel that it is better safe than sorry and having a pitcher pitch on back-to-back days. Please be sure to check your rotation and make sure you are on the right day.

2) The Trade Deadline. July 31 comes on a Tuesday, so we will sim to the 30th (Monday) as usual and all deadline deals will be processed on this day - We will not have a 1-day sim - unless people unilaterally want that - it seems silly to do so. So with that, note that the RL Trade Deadline is... ready for this... Labor Day! I'm sure you all will see to it that there is plenty of Labor for the Commish!

3) Likewise the Roster Expansion date. Instead of stopping the sim on 9/1 - 2-days short, we will sim the 9/16 sim through to Monday 9/3. It's only 2-days into September, so any minor leaguers who get called up will only miss two potential days. Again, if there is overwhelming support for an extra sim here, so we can stop on 9/1, we will plan otherwise.

My thinking is that many of there key dates last year and this have fallen at the start of a week, and thus it's made sense to sim as usual - but in coming seasons, when these dates fall later in the week, we will probably want to have shorter sims to properly deal with things - so a couple of saved sims now will save us time for the next season or three, in which we will need more sims to accommodate these types of schedule needs. Then things can 'work out in the wash'...

The Playoff schedule, is of course, tentative, pending any tie-breaking games...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”