Minor League Playoffs

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Minor League Playoffs

#1 Post by Borealis »

The Minor League Playoffs are in full action and I'd like to acknowledge two organizations that have placed a team in all four level's playoffs:

- Palm Springs, with Provo, Edmonton, National City all finishing first in their divisions, and Lana'i City, that finished a distant second to Kauai.
- West Virginia, with Mansfield, Maine, Rosario and Kauai all winning their divisions. Rosaritowon a mind-boggling 96 games (.750) and finished a tad ahead of San Luis Rio Colorado - 33 games...

Crystal Lake, Toyama and Havana all had three minor league playoff teams.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

Re: Minor League Playoffs

#2 Post by Vic »

I'd just like to point out that none of the Scottish farm teams made the playoffs, or even came within 10 games of .500.

Our proud A franchise, the Govan Shipbuilders, not only finished 26 games under .500 and 35 games out of first, but also posted a collective team batting average of .195.

And you wonder why our minor league organization is at the very bottom of the BBN rankings ...
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#3 Post by KenH »

The speedy Oysters finished with **340 stolen bases** on the year in which I can only suppose is a record. They were about 100 stolen bases above the second place team and averaged about 2.5 stolen bases per game.

They are 1-1 I'm the playoffs so far with top prospect Luppe Van Dam on the mound for game three.
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Arroyos »

Claymores wrote:I'd just like to point out that none of the Scottish farm teams made the playoffs, or even came within 10 games of .500.

And you wonder why our minor league organization is at the very bottom of the BBN rankings ...
Vic, embrace your organization's success. Such consistency is to be admired. You and the Claymore minor league teams join the distinguished company of the Yuma franchise, which hasn't had a playoff team at any level in so many years my old head can't count.

However, Vic, your major league team is an embarrassment to the rest of your fine organization. Get with the program, man! Drink more Colorado River Water! And set new goals: like matching the Dozers' 114 losses (with six games to go).
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Lions »

Featherheads wrote:The speedy Oysters finished with **340 stolen bases** on the year in which I can only suppose is a record. They were about 100 stolen bases above the second place team and averaged about 2.5 stolen bases per game.
The previous AAA record was 252 by the Fayetteville Braggarts in 2014. Seems they have one less thing to brag about.
AAA Stolen Base Leaders

The only other team with 300 stolen bases on a season are the 2026 Kentucky Thoroughbreds, who had 306. With 289, they have a chance at 300 again this year, but were a bit lower last year.

340 is ridiculous!
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”