New GM of the Amsterdam Lions

Malts
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

Re: New GM of the Amsterdam Lions

#16 Post by Malts »

Claymores wrote:Hi Jim, welcome! Our daughter lived in Omaha for a couple of years while doing an apprenticeship with with the Omaha Community Theater, so we got over there several times year. Sorry to say we never caught up with the Stormchasers. We really enjoyed Omaha, though. The old downtown section along the river is a lot of fun.

Hope you enjoy your stay in PEBA, May it be a long one! The Claymores and Lions play each other quite a bit, so I look forward to renewing the rivalry!

Again, welcome!
I've lived in Lincoln 3/4 of my life but lived in or near Omaha for about 8 years of my life as well and will be moving up there come July. It really is a fun city once you get to know it. It's not has big as a Kansas City or Minneapolis but still has all the same pleasures of food, entertainment, and nightlife wise.

Once the team rebranded from the Omaha Royals to the Stormchasers, and famous Rosenblatt Stadium (home of the College World Series) was torn down to make more room for the zoo, they moved far out West making it not very accessible for people visiting. But the new stadium provides a great Minor League experience surrounded by parking lot and corn fields.

I am excited to start playing both the Scottish and London Underground for those European rivalry showdowns (Unless Brexit also happened in the PEBA Universe, and if that's the case I need to get to work reading!)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
Ryan Vail
Madison Malts
Fishermen
Double-A
Double-A

#17 Post by Fishermen »

No, lol. We were well past any Brexit date before it was even dreamed of. We still have a united Europe
Andy (Sim, Chaan-Shu)
GM Gloucester Fishermen
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#18 Post by Vic »

Lions wrote:
I've lived in Lincoln 3/4 of my life but lived in or near Omaha for about 8 years of my life as well and will be moving up there come July. It really is a fun city once you get to know it. It's not has big as a Kansas City or Minneapolis but still has all the same pleasures of food, entertainment, and nightlife wise.

Once the team rebranded from the Omaha Royals to the Stormchasers, and famous Rosenblatt Stadium (home of the College World Series) was torn down to make more room for the zoo, they moved far out West making it not very accessible for people visiting. But the new stadium provides a great Minor League experience surrounded by parking lot and corn fields.

I am excited to start playing both the Scottish and London Underground for those European rivalry showdowns (Unless Brexit also happened in the PEBA Universe, and if that's the case I need to get to work reading!)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
Yeah, the city is really nice. A couple of really excellent museums (the art museum is especially nice), the zoo, the sports facilities are surprisingly nice, and the theater is a gem. I think you’ll really enjoy living there.

Personally, I love minor league ball. Indianapolis, where we live, has a beautiful downtown ballpark with the city skyline as a backdrop and there’s not a bad seat in the house. The team used to be an affiliate of the Reds - and, for awhile, the Montreal Expos - and now is the AAA team for the Pirates.

Enjoy PEBA - I look forward to seeing what you do with the Lions. They need some TLC!
Last edited by Vic on Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
DrewV
Triple-A
Triple-A

#19 Post by DrewV »

Personally, I love minor league ball. Indianapolis, where we live, has a beautiful downtown ballpark with the city skyline as a backdrop and there’s not a bad seat in the house.
I'm a big fan of minor league ball too. If you guys ever happen to be in El Paso, check out Southwest University Park, the AAA Stadium. Absolutely beautiful.
Drew Visscher (GM Ricky McCoy) | Duluth Warriors

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”