Slack

Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Slack

#1 Post by Alleghenies »

I started a PEBA Slack channel. If someone DM's the email addresses, I can invited everyone in it. Might be a neat other form of communication...
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Slack

#2 Post by Borealis »

I will say that Slack has been a great venue for the Board to communicate seamlessly and efficiently. I would say we would all agree it's been a vital piece to the speed in which things have happened - think draft day... it's also been a great place to just shoot the breeze, and I know at least three trades have happened via that format.

I got your PM Greg, and I'll look further into it when I get a chance...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by Alleghenies »

The other 2 leagues I was in all use them and somehow I am in the commissioner Statsplus one too :-).

Also use it for a Hockey and basketball league. It opens up just random communication between people more imo and with all the new people might be a way for people to learn about each other faster.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Underground
Double-A
Double-A

#4 Post by Underground »

We use slack for my sim hockey league, it has been great for the activity and health of the league, only downside is the free version has a fairly low message cap before it starts purging old messages, so you can't use it for historical or archival purposes...unless you want to pay the absurd rate for the licensed version.
Evan Seary
London Underground
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Lions »

I've used slack a bit and find it good for chat as well as notification, but I never liked it as a primary format for league discussions because of the fact that you lose the chat history so quick (only used free version) and it's not easy to search (that I know of).

FWIW - I have done some testing of StatsLab integration with Slack and have been able to get that working. It's not built into SL yet, though.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Arroyos »

I use slack as an excuse when I don’t get things done on time. I’m just slacking off, I say.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Borealis »

Bulldozers wrote:I use slack as an excuse when I don’t get things done on time. I’m just slacking off, I say.
Slack is a great excuse to get nothing done - I've used it myself a few times...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Lions »

I once picked up the slack. Just once.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Arroyos »

Badgers wrote:I once picked up the slack. Just once.
And what good did that do, huh? I find every time I pick up the slack I have to eventually put it back down, and we're right back where we started.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”